To support the roll out of this overall model for production of supplementary nutrition, WFP in close collaboration with UPSRLM will set up a Project Management Unit in UPSRLM to efficiently support the implementation of the project. Under the PMU, staff with different skill sets will be positioned at various levels, including the placement of a Programme Policy Officer (Additional Team Leader) at the State level within UPSRLM. The overall responsibility of this position to support the development of an alternate business model for sale of products produced by the WSHGs in the open local markets.
Grade: SB 4 - L 8
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: One Year (depending upon availability of funds)
Duty Station: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UPSRLM)
Vacancy Number: 169857
Date of Publication: 14 July 2022
Deadline of Application: 27 July 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Indian Nationals.
Reporting: Programme Policy Officer (Team Lead) in the Project Management Unit at UPSRLM and
Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition) in the WFP Country Office in Delhi
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in Management, Marketing, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Social Sciences or other field relevant to rural development, or First University Degree with additional two years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Minimum 1 years of professional work experience preferably in the development sector. Previous experience of working in partnership with the government/UN agency/INGO or on projects targeted at addressing malnutrition at the community level is desirable.
- Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Has worked with women’s self help groups and market interventions
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including strong professionally communication ability;
- Advocacy and networking skills with a broad range of stakeholders including government, private sector, civil society, academia, NGO and international cooperation
- Knowledge of research methods with familiarity in quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Windows, Microsoft office;
- Knowledge of UN system would be an asset
- Knowledge of WFP programmes is an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team of nutrition and food security experts across fourteen countries
- Tact and diplomacy
Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English and Hindi is a key requirement.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
Note: Applicants are requested to Create an account in the system before applying.
Curriculum and applications will be registered and system allows them to update their profile and apply for a job through wfp careers website.