Overview of the position:
The overall expectation from the Post Harvesting Trainer (PHT) is to educate potential entrepreneurs in the field of producing sea-buckthorn based products. The relevant inputs from the PHT in the training program would help trainees to develop their technical skills along with process oriented skills in order to make them better entrepreneurs. The PHT should be knowledgeable in the field of post harvesting along with having the expertise in technical aptitude. Additionally, we expect the person to be an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Candidate should be capable in identifying the quality of sea-buckthorn and would be able to put value additions in its manufacturing.
- Along with the existing products and processes the candidate is expected to develop and intensify new product range from sea-buckthorn berries in the product line in interest of manufacturing units of trainee entrepreneurs.
- The trainer is expected to transfer his experience to trainees and capacitating them on same aspects. This would also include maintenance of training machinery & related equipment as well.
- To enable trainees in checking and improving safety and quality control procedures, from the sea-buckthorn raw material stage through to the finished product.
- Should undertake researches on current consumer markets and latest technologies to develop new product concepts for the trainee entrepreneurship units.
- Capacitating trainees in selecting raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers.
- Building capacities of trainees through various value additions like cleaning, assaying, sorting, grading, and packing and in processing process.
- Establishing partnerships with various storage and transportation facilities for produced products by the trainee manufacturing units.
- Capacitate trainees on preparing product costing based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products and its business.
- Setting systems for input procurement and distribution, output aggregation, and training trainees on primary processing such as grading, sorting and packaging and other relevant systems.
- Capacitating trainees in aggregation of smaller lots of berries produce from different places; add value to make them more marketable for higher return
- Coordinate launches of new products of trainee manufacturing units.
- Work on packaging innovation, technology and design
- Design the processes and machinery for making products with a consistent flavor, color and texture in large quantities
- Build relationships with suppliers and customers.
- The Post Harvest Technology Trainer should have the following competencies and experience:
- Incumbent should be either be graduate or post graduate in the fields of Science/Agriculture/Horticulture/Food, nutrition and health/food safety and quality management, Food science/technology or Equivalent from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Should possess minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in post harvesting processing, food manufacturing, SHG programmes.
- Proficiency in local language as well as English language (written & oral).
- IT skills/Excellent communication skills.
Compensation Range: Annual Cost To Company of INR.3 to 4.2 lacs
Incumbents who possess experience & competencies as per the job specification mentioned & consider themselves suitable are encouraged to email their updated CVs along with a Cover Letter highlighting their suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st July 2022. Incumbents are requested to mention the position that they are applying for in the subject line of their mail. Incumbents are also requested to kindly provide details of their current/last drawn salary in the covering note.
Aide et Action is an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted further.
Last date for applying: 31-Jul-2022