KEY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Mapping of women led organizations and experts to enhance the knowledge of career related opportunities with Sponsorship Children in the age group of 16 to 17 years and Graduated 18+ youth in Plan India communities,
• Organizing webinars, trainings with children and youth and their parents in Plan India communities,
• Prepare the career pathways of girls based on their ability and interest and administering Aptitude Test with the support of other field level staff,
• Provide career guidance and counselling to children and youth and their parents for opting career choices of the potential children and youth,
• Prepare the list of free government and private scholarships, schemes and empowering girls/young women to avail the opportunities,
• Promote Girls Led Network in the community with the support of project’s field staff,
• Continue to mobilize children and youth particularly girls both in school and community levels and provide them career guidance, especially in STEM careers,
• Organize Career Guidance fairs and Digital Fairs in communities and schools as per the convenience and time,
• Initiate “Talent Hunt”, a pilot initiative for extending support to 10 young women for pursuing higher education/training to fulfill their career aspirations,
• Along with Project Lead, strengthen the referral linkages with government, networking with CSOs, private agencies those working on career guidance and leverage their technical expertise,
• Provide technical support to the field team, supervise and monitoring them through regular field visits, &
• Successfully arrange donor’s visit, Plan India’s official visit, etc. as and when required and communicated.
• Any other work/ responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
• Sensitive in dealing with children and youth in communities and schools;
• Knowledge of new-age career options;
• Counselling skills children and youth;
• Good in execution of assigned tasks, and responsibilities;
• Data management and report writing;
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision;
• Should be pro–active in understanding children’s and youth’s needs and problems as well as aspirations;
• Ability to work in a team spirit and handle, supervise field-level project staff;
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in career counselling, worked with children/ youth, experience of managing projects, good at managing community events and supervision of cadre of field staff, networking, lobby and influencing;
• Good communication and writing in Hindi and English.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 30% of the total time.
COMPENSATION & EMPLOYMENT: Plan India is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
How to apply
Please send us your updated resume along with a suitability note (single Word document only) for the position of “Career/Vocational Guidance Counsellor” at firstname.lastname@example.org The last date for sending applications is 31st July 2022. Please mention your current salary and expectations along you’re your applications. Applications without this information will not be accepted