Under the general guidance and direct supervision of the founders, s/he will be responsible for the overall coordination, planning, development and management of a fundraising strategy to mobilise resources and support accountability of transparent contribution management. S/he will be responsible for the analysis and management of all fundraising channels and activities, ensuring long-term, flexible and unrestricted resources for our work. This involves building partnerships, support and strategic engagement with grant giving foundations/institutions, private foundations, government agencies and HNIs, select corporates and retail fund raising. The role encompasses fund raising as well as grants/partnership management. The incumbent will be part of a small team but work in close coordination with various programme units, and with the senior management.
1. Grant Proposal and Report writing
- Design and develop high quality grant proposals for prospective funders
- Manage reporting timelines and ensure updates, insights and reports of the programme progress are shared as and when required
- Coordinate with the Finance team to send the Fund utilisation reports as per committed timelines.
2. Relationship management with donors
- Manage donor communication and engagement
- Create high impact materials for the Director of Fundraising and the CEO, which will include but not be limited to drafts for presentations, agenda and minutes of donor meetings and short concept notes.
- Be the supporting point of contact for all types of funders - corporate, grant givers, individuals, crowdfunding platforms along with the Director of Fundraising and the CEO
3. Relationship management with volunteers from donor organizations
- Liaise with the internal teams at Toybank to understand volunteer requirements and source the same from donor organizations
- Liaise with volunteer POCs from donor organizations and the internal team at Toybank to coordinate events, volunteering opportunities or any requests that need to be serviced
- Represent the organization at external calls, events, conferences and workshops
- Conduct induction and sensitization for donors and volunteers, if required.
5. Streamline processes and collate artifacts
- Create SOPs for all fundraising processes
- Design and create artifacts for all communication with donors
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications
- Update information on online fundraising channels such as Global Giving, Give India, Milaap and other local and international crowdfunding platforms where The Opentree Foundation has it’s profile regularly and ensure all data is current
- Update forms and documents received from corporates and donors and ensure any due diligence requirements are complete
- Generate leads, conduct opening conversations with potential donors and develop outreach and partnering strategies with each
- Coordinate donor meetings, develop and follow up on leads from the programme heads and senior management; Represent The Opentree Foundation in events, forums and meetings
- Build brand visibility of The Opentree Foundation and its programmes
- Put together concept memos, project proposals and ensure their timely submission to potential donors
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organisations
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep them updated about the work and results of the organisation
- Support team members on grant management, including preparing donor progress reports, etc.
- Develop and execute an outreach plan and communication products to develop presence and strengthen donor relationships (create brochures, presentations, social media outreach strategy) and sensitise potential partners about The Opentree Foundation’s work
- Help strengthen the fundraising team, systems, policies and processes as needed to support the fundraising plan and donor management
- Identify best practices and implement the same in The Opentree Foundation’s resource mobilisation strategy
- Plan and manage the fund raising resources and budget
- Understand fund management for reporting tight utilizations with various funders
- Any other task assigned.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
We are looking for an individual who -
Thrives in solving for these challenges:
- How can an organisation raise the income needed to carry out its mission?
- Where are the required resources?
- How do you sustain your organisation and work?
Will be excited about meeting people, engaging with them and building relationships.
Is organized and has the ability to create efficient systems for donor and grants management.
Is mature, an excellent communicator, good at networking and collaboration.
Has the ability to gain conceptual clarity on our work and communicate it effectively to external stakeholders.
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the designation mentioned in the subject line.