This position requires technical expertise, public health experience, strong coordination skills, understanding of Indian public health system and ability to develop positive, professional working relationships with various government counterparts and other development partners. This position will report to Program Lead-Tuberculosis.
• Provide technical insights and expertise on TB to develop and shape the strategies for providing comprehensive primary health care in NISHTHA states
• Provide technical support in establishing continuum of care for TB patients through teleconsultation services
• Provide technical and operational support to state and district teams for program implementation as per the agreed plan and timelines of the project
• To liaison and support the State as per the need to develop and execute strategies for integrating TB & DRTB services within the HWC platform
• Develop strategies for training and capacity building of healthcare providers and front-line workers on TB services
• Support the NISHTHA state level teams to execute training and capacity building of government healthcare providers and front-line workers in collaboration with state government
• Develop the technical contents for communication materials, job aids and tools for the community, healthcare providers and front-line workers on CPHC and Differentiated TB Care.
• Monitor the project activities in intervention states.
• Work closely with knowledge management team for documenting various learnings, case studies, success stories under the project
• Work with Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team to establish systems for tracking progress, indicators and deliverables according to agreed work-plans to ensure state and donor requirements are met
• Perform or assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, stakeholders and other organizations including government counterparts.
• Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic documents such as training materials and reports.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English, Hindi and regional languages
• Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to multi task and work under multicultural environment.
• Ability to work in a diverse technical team.
• Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 50 % of his/her time.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelors in Medicine, Dentistry, AYUSH or Nursing will be preferred. Master in Public Health (MPH)/MBA Or Post graduation in Health Management and /community medicine is must.
• 2-4 years of experience working in Public Health Field
• Prior experience of working with National TB Program at National or State level is essential
• Familiarity with the Indian health system, newer initiatives in health sector including NHM, Ayushman Bharat Health & Wellness Centers (HWCs), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Fifteenth Finance Commission, PM-ABHIM and relevant government policies/ strategies
• Skilled in communicating face-to-face with different stakeholders, and through various platforms
• Experience and demonstrated ability working on donor projects including experience in developing and managing programs and budgets.
Jhpiego offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application at email@example.com with a covering note.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.