• Overall implementation of the project Lehar including development of annual plans, budget outlays, budget management as per Project Outline (PO) of the project Lehar, and maintain them as per the systemic requirements;
• Lead the field team and ensure the quality implementation of the project Lehar in timely manner as per Plan India’s standards and donor reporting is done in a timely manner with specified quality;
• Lead mobilising community members, adolescent girls & boys and government school teachers and lead the project implementation activities under the digital learning initiative of Plan India, and achieve all project outcomes working closely with school’s education system, government officials of the respective blocks/districts of Saran, Patna, and Sheikhpura, Bihar;
• Facilitate and manage implementing all project activities that includes mapping of community villages/schools’ classrooms, baseline study, regular learning assessment, data collection, analysis and reporting through MIS & analytics;
• Organise and conduct teacher training based on needs assessment of teachers and digital learning module;
• Ensure day to day project operational activities are carried out with quality, data is tracked and key learnings are documented;
• Build capacity of parents, teachers and establish digital smart classes offline / online in all project schools improving quality of teaching– learning activities, and track monthly & quarterly assessment of children, design & update MIS, develop learning analytics, and feedback for teachers;
SKILL AND COMPETENCIES:
• Strong skills and experience of education sector, digital education/ online/ offline models, community mobilisation, gender transformative programing in dealing with adolescent girls & boys in schools, and communities
• Strong skills in project execution, team management, quality report writing, data analysis and M&E
• Strive for excellence while working with the community and school children, and government department
• Should be pro – active in understanding and supporting adolescent girls & boys of 12-16 age group understanding their educational needs and problems
• Ability to work in a team spirit,
• Good communication – written and oral in English and Hindi
• Openness to Learn and innovate
• Should be respectful and sensitive to the mission and vision of Plan India.
Minimum Post-Graduate in Sociology/ Education/ Management/ Computer Science /Engineering OR other relevant Social Sciences.
Minimum 8-10 years’ project implementation experience in the school education development sector, digital learning projects, community development activities, have worked with 11-16 age group of children for science, mathematics and English learning both in rural & urban contexts, good communication and writing skills, building rapport with communities, parents, schools, SMCs, and State/District/ Block level education officials. Ready to work under pressure, and in emergency situation and takes responsibility.
Travel Requirement: 50%
COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYMENT
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
How to apply:
Please send us your updated resume along with a suitability note (single Word document only) for the position of “Project Lead – Digital Learning Initiative” at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Project Lead – Digital Learning Initiative in the subject line. Please also share your current salary and expectation in the resume with a cover letter. The last date for sending applications is 7th August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.