The Program Officer shall primarily be responsible for providing psychosocial support to the program participants from the PoC (Persons of concern) community. The Program Officer would work closely with other teams to achieve the project success. The Program Officer would also be required to update all records and case files maintained in the project along with active participation in various activities organized for the program participants (refugees/asylum seekers).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To build rapport and identify the psychosocial needs of program participants.
- Conduct regular follow ups for case assessment and plan case intervention in consultation with the psychosocial coordinator.
- Conduct monthly interactive sessions, life skill trainings, workshops for the program participants.
- Conduct psychosocial assessment, vulnerability assessment, socio-economic assessment of program participants, Best Interest Determination, Best Interest Assessment and Heightened Risk Identification Tool Assessment as per the international standards of UNHCR.
- Monitor and keep records of payment of subsistence allowance to the program participants.
- Conduct individual and group therapy sessions with the program participants.
- Prepare case studies of all the program participants with special emphasis on the psychosocial needs and self-reliance plan.
- Support the self-approach cases with emergency interventions.
- Take part actively in various activities, relief distributions and meetings organized at the centre/field for the program participants.
Master’s degree in Social Work or Sociology from University in regular mode
Minimum 1 year of previous relevant job experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Fluency in English and Hindi
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and instructional software
- Ability to work with a diverse group and settings
- Ability to record, observe and report by conducting field visits in Delhi NCR and follow ups of program participants
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of management
- Good networking abilities with flair for building long-term partnerships with stakeholders
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Good teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and disciplined
Nature of Engagement:
The Program Officer shall be hired for a fixed term employment contract i.e., till 31st December 2022.
The selected candidate shall be paid a consolidated amount based on salary history, qualification and experience.
Location: New Delhi
Eligible candidates (Indian origin) interested in the position are requested to send their CVs along with a cover letter to email@example.com, by or before 4th August 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview round and no regret mail or calls will be made to those who are not shortlisted.