- Ensuring a smooth transition from Climate Smart Cities to Urban Act in the city of Bhubaneshwar, i.e., following up on the proper institutionalisation of activities, accompanying the implementation of selected measures and selecting and following up on new activities.
- Overall coordination of all project activities of Urban Act with the partner city of Bhubaneshwar and all involved stakeholders.
- Compiling lessons learnt from Bhubaneshwar and positioning the city as a knowledge partner for other Indian cities.
- Implementing daily operational aspects of all work related to the project, with particular focus on Bhubaneswar.
- Supporting in all preparatory activities for setting up the Urban Act Project.
- Postgraduate in Urban Planning/ Environmental Planning/ Infrastructure Planning/ Environmental Sciences/ related fields
- Graduation in Geography/ Environmental Engineering / Sciences/Economics/Civil engineering/ Architecture
- At least 8 years’ professional experience, minimum of 4 years work experience in areas of urban climate change (mitigation and adaptation) in at least two of the following fields – urban basic services (municipal solid waste management, storm water management), green buildings, energy efficiency, urban green cover, urban climate resilience, urban planning (Master Plans/ local area plans/ development plans), etc.
- Knowledge of working with Urban Local Bodies or state urban departments is an advantage
- Work experience in bilateral or multilateral cooperation projects and with international agencies in India is an advantage.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken (C2).
- Fluency (written and spoken) in local language is required.
- Good working knowledge of IT technologies (e.g., MS Office, SPSS, Autocad)
- Knowledge of GIS software’s – ArcGIS/ QGIS/ shall be an advantage.
F. Location: Bhubaneswar
G. Duration of the contract: Until 31 August 2023, with possibility of extension till end of project
H. Last date of receiving application: 09 August 2022
Application without GIZ application form will not be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- GIZ supports Work-Life Balance.
- GIZ promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
- Please note that those individuals who have completed a consultancy assignment with GIZ in less than 6 months prior to the intended start date for this position will not be shortlisted due to organisational policy.
Disclaimer: As per GIZ’s data confidentiality policy, candidate’s application is stored in our database for six months and is deleted thereafter.