Roles and Responsibilities
The role of an editor with TCF will be diverse, with opportunity for growth and self-expression. Within this role, you will be expected to:
- Coordinate publishing of digital and hard copy content and manage content areas
- Final check of the content created by the content team and social media team
- Ensure the content is unbiased and appropriate for the audience
- Set content standards and establish goals and expectations
- Suggest topics and generate ideas in alignment with targeted themes.
- Oversee layout (artwork and design) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Proofread, edit and improve content and ensure it is not plagiarised
- Ensure the source and copyright of the content is properly acknowledged
- Contribute to the core-team on design and curation of content that will affect all TCF beneficiaries.
- Masters or Post Graduate Diploma in any subject (Required)
- Atleast 10 years of work experience with a minimum of 5 years of working experience as an Editor (Required)
- Experience of working for atleast one digital content creation project.
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio.
- Knowledge of advanced tools in Microsoft word, presentation, excel and various other custom platforms for creative content creation.
- Experience of working on content designing software shall be desirable (eg. indesign, canva, rise 360 etc.)
- Fluency in both English and Hindi languages shall be desirable.
- Video editing skills shall be an added advantage.
- Interest in research and passion for environment and rivers is must.
- Creative thinking will be crucial for the role.
- Strong willingness to collaborate coupled with an inquisitive mind with a strong desire to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills along with being adept at documentation and report writing.
The position is full-time (40 hours per week) and will be based in Noida office of TCF. TCF offers flexible work culture, the option to work from home (subject to requirements).
The successful candidate will receive a one-year employment contract, with a 3-month probation.
The candidate should be open to travel in India as may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage women candidates to apply.
Interested applicants with relevant educational qualifications and experience are requested to send a detailed CV along with a cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application for Editor”
Applications that are received in the format defined above will only be reviewed. Any applications sent through Linkedin will not be considered unless we receive an e-mail.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls shall be entertained.