Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with Vital Strategies, the government and initiative partners to align work priorities.
• Create a strategic communication workplan annually, regularly adjust it to keep up-to-date and help execute to maximize the quality and quantity of media coverage on the government on road safety initiatives.
• Develop and maintain a calendar used to plan for local release of important international road safety reports or developments.
• Write regular blogs and social media posts to communicate local progress, disseminate information and contribute to the program newsletter.
• Build and maintain relationships with journalists to engage around road safety as a public health issue.
• Pitch local and national journalists on relevant news and offer up information sources, thus building relationships with them that can help improve the quality and increase the quantity of media coverage on road safety to amplify the topic in public discourse. Serve as a resource for partner organizations to deliver knowledge and understanding with the local media environment and to help publicize milestones and relevant news on road safety issues.
• Organize press events around major milestones, including social marketing campaign launches; write press releases, press notes, spokesperson talking points and assist with translations.
• Prepare spokespersons for media engagement opportunities, including interviews, panels or other speaking events.
• Monitor local news coverage and maintain a media tracking list.
• Contribute to curriculum and methodology development for journalist workshops and fellowship programs; carry out journalist workshops, oversee follow-up efforts and maintain master list of trained journalists.
• Act as a facilitator of social marketing/paid media campaigns, working closely with Vital Strategies’ Policy Advocacy and Communication (PAC) team.
• Manage suppliers including creative, research and media planning agencies, as needed.
Qualification and Experience :
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, public relations or similar, with minimum 6 years of relevant work experience.
Desired Experience :
• Public health and government relations experience would be an advantage
• PR or journalism background
• Familiarity with public policy, media relations and advocacy
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills;
• Strong writing and editing skills in (local language), as well as ability to produce written media relations materials such as press releases, op-eds, talking points and fact sheets;
• Proven capacity to work in multidisciplinary or multi-agency setting;
• English language proficiency;
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Language Proficiency :
• Marathi language proficiency is required.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• Ability to work flexibly with colleagues across time zones;
• Consistent and reliable internet access is required to be able perform this role;
• Willing to travel 20% of the time within the state.
We encourage all qualified individuals who share Vital Strategies’ vision of a world where everyone is protected by a strong public health system to apply.
we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of characteristics such as race, color, age, religion or creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, marital status or any other basis protected by country and local laws.
We are proud of our commitment to a professional work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Vital Strategies will not tolerate its employees, volunteers, consultants, partners or any other representative associated with the delivery of its work carrying out any form of sexual harassment, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse and thoroughly vets all final candidates.
The salary for this position is INR 18,00,000 to INR 22,00,000. To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, flexi basket reimbursement option, comprehensive healthcare, and Paid Leaves so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
This role is for open to Indian Nationals only.
How to Apply:
Please follow the link below to apply: