Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Instruction Specialist, you will be tasked with supporting all present and future Pi Jam Foundation educational initiatives and programs. Your portfolio will include:
- Program Delivery
- Ensure Optimum instructional delivery of Curriculum across the specified grades in assigned school(s). This may involve teaching(& travel) in classrooms spread across the city.
- Creation of monthly grade specific goals and daily lesson plans with the help of Program Manager in line with Pi Jam's curriculum and teaching philosophy. Instruction specialists will also be expected to file reports after each class.
- Keep track of student attendance, assess and Monitor Student Learning Outcomes and accomplishments in a variety of ways(Assessments, Projects, Quiz, etc) on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required
- Coordinate with school authorities to ensure adequate instructional time and maintenance of the lab.
- Trainings and Capacity Building
- Participates in professional growth and development and stays abreast of current research through continuing education, educational seminars, workshops, conferences, membership in profession
- Participate in sessions during the beginning of the year training programme as per the schedule shared by the organisation.
- Participate in the monthly learning circles to share best practices with other teachers and prepare for the upcoming classes
- Work with the Program Manager to build teaching capacity as per their feedback
- Coordinate with school authorities and conduct an annual showcase for the students in your school. Mentors selected students for the annual Pi Jam event.
- Conduct hackathons, quizzes, field visits for students to increase interest and provide learning experiences.
- Support Pi Jam Team in basic operational and program/event requirements for the annual event(s).
Contribute to the development and growth of Pi Jam Foundation’s impact by providing your services and support for out of classroom programs, workshops, additional R&D activities for program/curriculum testing, the impact and analysis process, recruitment and performance appraisals and team-wide decision making.
Compensation: 20,000 k To 25,000 k
Each of the core responsibilities outlined above, need specific skills to fulfill. While many of these will be developed and honed through the role, some of the following are skills and mindsets we would like you to bring with you to the role and organization:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- Have a well-balanced, analytical and creative mindset to problem-solve and provide innovative solutions
- Have relationship management skills and the ability to build rapport with stakeholders
- Be an intellectually curious and responsive team contributor, delivering and receiving feedback regularly, and eager to learn and stay up to date on computer science education.