• Overall coordination of the project including development of Annual plans, budget outlays, management of budget, regular reviews of the Project Outline (PO) of the project and maintain them as per the systemic requirements
• Ensure the quality implementation of the project in timely manners as per Plan India’s institutional grants standards and donor reporting being done in timely manner with specified quality.
• Ensure quality project reporting as per the agreement clauses with the donor and timely submit to the grants team. This will include annual and quarterly reports, financial reports, case studies of good practices and fund forecast on timely and accurately. Also adhere other reporting requirements as per the donor’s reporting compliances.
• Work under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Programme Manager and implement impact framework for the project accordingly support the field team to get data and evidences for the quality reporting
• Lead capacity building and/or mentoring of the field staff as per the project requirements
• Lead the safety audits with the youth Champion of Change such as training on score card methodology, disseminate recommendations from safety walk and community scorecards with the diverse group of stakeholders to jointly develop solutions
• Support the field team in Identification, development, reclaim/ transform, and facilitate the management and maintenance of community-managed safe spaces
• Support the field team for systematic and regular inter-generational dialogues between girls, families and community members on a quarterly basis to increase their participation in addressing the issues of safety of girls
• Conduct trainings/orientations/ refresher workshops, and/or interface meetings with transportation staff and authority in the informal and formal systems using the transportation curriculum
• Conduct Sensitization programmes with stakeholders such as Municipal Corporation, police and ward members etc. on gender and safety aspects of girls. (Organize city/school-wide communication on safety in public spaces. Sessions in colleges on Public Safety, awareness raising campaigns on safety in public spaces per year)
• Run/ facilitate project events and sessions at the state level both online and face to face as appropriate
• Provide any other support required by the Line Manager and as per the requirements of the organisation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Essential Skills :
• Master in Social Work, preferably with the university degree relevant to the child and youth focused programming e.g. child protection and gender mainstreaming
• At least 3-4 years professional experience in implementing the projects related to prevention of girls and women from gender based violence, safety of girls and gender mainstreaming etc.
• Good experience of timely implementing the projects, its roll out and management of the field level staff
• Knowledge of grant management, including accounting and financial reporting
• Strong understanding and demonstrated ability and experience to train others related to gender and child protection
• Experience in working in donor supported projects and understanding of donor compliances
• Excellent communication skills on both English and Hindi (verbal and written) using clear, non-technical language
• Ability to work flexibly, troubleshoot, manage risks and adapt to changing organisational environment
• Excellent time management skills, team management and ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities
• Knowledge and prior experience on projects related to creating safer environment for girls and women
• Knowledge of the local context and experience of working in Delhi
Travel Requirement: 50% of the total time
Compensation and Employment:
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
How to apply:
Please send us your updated resume along with suitability note (single Word document only) for the position of “Project Coordinator – Safer Cities Project at email@example.com. Applications without this information will not be accepted.
Considering the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the HR Team.
Last Date to Apply: 10th August 2022