The job purpose of the Program Manager is to oversee the project activities implementation at ground level. Position will be responsible in micro planning of the team, providing handholding support to the community workers. Position will also be holding dialogues with block level and other relevant authorities for gathering local support. Position will be responsible for regular update sharing with HO team.
• Master / PG in social sciences, gender studies, women empowerment or related fields
• Experience in handling projects central to gender equality / women empowerment against violence including demonstrated ability in planning and implementation focussed on strengthening services available for addressing violence against women.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of field level monthly and quarterly action plans aligned with project objectives.
• Overseeing of the day to day activities as per organisational norms and project intervention protocol.
• Meeting regularly and frequently with the relevant authorities for generating support to effectively achieve the project objectives.
• Keeping track of achievements and backlog against plan and ensuring the timely & meaningful achievement of planned targets.
• Coordinate with the community gatekeeper’s / stakeholder organizations for effective program implementation and their awareness generation
• Identifying the local CBOs working on similar issues and ensuring their active engagement for enhancing their capacities towards the issue.
• Closely working with the existing peer leaders (at the intervention sites) to further enhance their competencies while engaging them in the intervention.
• Perform for any other additional work / duty assigned by Head quarter
Training / mentoring tasks:
• Ensuring capacity building & provide on-the-job mentoring of community workers for conducting project related day to day activities.
• Providing regular mentoring to service providers (AWW/ ASHA / women help desk service personnel / others) for case handling and management.
• Conduct sensitization sessions for community gatekeepers / stakeholders and identified CBOs.
• Support ongoing capacity building efforts by the system level (block level) towards the issue.
• Work directly with related service authorities and functionaries to assess barriers and identify way outs as intervention to be implemented to address them and achieve quality results.
Reporting & Documentation tasks:
• Ensure proper documentation of the project activities conducted at ground level.
• Verification of field data & sharing the reports, within the timeline (financial, project implementation, admin etc) to the concerned person at headquarter.
• Data collation and compilation of data (received from community workers) on the pre-defined formats for recording progress on process indicators
• Experience in program management and implementation of gender equality focussed projects preferably, addressing violence against women.
• Knowledge and practical utilisation of participatory learning approaches and methodologies
• Demonstrated ability to manage team of 4- 5 community workers
• Ability to balance implementation and financial record keeping related duties as well.
• Proficient in working on MS word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and digital formats.
• Comfortable in visiting villages and community for project related needs
• Good understanding of local context
Salary shall range between INR 25,000 to 30,000 per month and will also be corresponding with the previous drawn salary, qualification and experience.
The position will be for 6 months (likely to be start by August end)
The job demands good rapport building and travel to the Wards for monitoring and supervision of program implementation.