Reports to: Coordinating Director
Salary:As per experience/ Negotiable
Duration: 1 year contract with a three-month probationary period with the possibility of extension.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. The Senior Program Coordinator for the Women’s Empowerment Unit will play a lead role in Astha Sansthan
2. To Identify potential sources of funding through research & networking
3. Develop a sustainable pitching strategy and increase the funding pool for the WEU of Astha Sansthan
4. The Senior Program Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate the National Forum for Single Women’s Rights from the NFSWR Secretariate, based in Astha Sansthan, in Udaipur.
5. She will support the team working with the Rajasthan Single Women work.
6. She will be in regular communication with Donor agencies and play an active role in developing concept notes, short proposals & full project proposals in prescribed formatand proposal submission.
7. The Senior Program Coordinator will ensure timely submission of various Quarterly, Half-yearly and Annual Narrative – Qualitative and Quantitative report to Donor agencies
8. Work in close coordination with state and national Single Women’s teams.
9. Other documentation work as per organisational requirement
• Master’s degree in Social Work or higher in a related subject
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
• Word processing
• Simple accounting
The Senior Program Coordinator should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
• Commitment to social justice: Practice in an anti-discriminatory manner and empower the women team members involved in the Single Women work.
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Communicate Effectively with Donors in a timely way and with other partner organizations or agencies.
• Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the Single Women work, and deliver results.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, communicate and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• 5 to 7 years’ experience of work with women, and hopefullyhave some experience with single women focused programs
• The Senior Program Coordinator will be based in the Astha Sansthan office in Udaipur, Rajasthan, andwill travel in the state and in the country as necessary and required.
• Senior Program Coordinator works a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to fulfil responsibilities.
• Senior Program Coordinator will undergo Orientation to the work upon joining.
• The performance of the Senior Program Coordinator will be reviewed every quarter.
To apply please send mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Astha Sansthan, and for previous reports about the work of Astha, including the work with Single Women, please see the Astha Sansthanwebsite:www.astha.ngo