The Programme Assistant will work closely with the casework team providing direct support to women survivor of violence, their children and families.
• To work with women survivors of violence to provide emotional support & advice around relevant support services.
• To liaise with relevant state agencies to build partnership & advocate for women
• To provide legal support to women and accompany them to police stations and courts.
• To provide logistical support to various support & creative groups
• To develop a good knowledge around data management and reporting
• To shadow the different support groups
• To increase knowledge around issues related to VAW and law and legal remedies available to women
• To compile & write monthly reports and data for the team
• To carry out all relevant administrative work.
• To participate in other Swayam programmes and undertake any other relevant work as required.
• Any other work required to fulfill the above role.
1. Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate Degree in Social sciences with minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the social sector.
- Post graduate degree in social sciences
2. Knowledge, Skill & Abilities
- Understanding of issues related to gender and violence against women
- Training and experience in Counselling work is preferable.
- Proficiency in Bengali with good writing skills in English and Bengali and ability to understand and communicate in basic Hindi
- Ability to maintain records and reports
- Computer literacy skills – ability to use Microsoft office
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to connect with people from different backgrounds
- Understanding of rights and entitlements of citizens for state
3. Additional Requirements
- Committed to ending Violence Against Women
- Willingness to travel
- Flexibility of working hours- ability to work late and on weekends
- Willingness to participate in capacity building programme in and outside Kolkata
- Ability to take initiative and take decisions with minimal support.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle complex work based scenarios with confidence and sensitivity
Salary and benefits will reflect the individual’s qualifications and experience. Detailed training, development opportunity would be provided to all selected candidates.
• Mention the post applied for in the subject line of the email
• Candidates who have some previous case work/community engagement experience only apply
• Incomplete applications will be rejected
• Only short listed candidates will be notified.
The applicant must send their latest resume along with the following:
• Statement stating why you are interested in the position.
• A paragraph about your skills and experience that makes you suitable for this job
• Your current and expected salary
• The application must be accompanied by two references, one of whom is from your work place.
APPLICATION TO BE SENT
Applications can be sent by e-mail or post by 20th August 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Postal Address
The Administrative Officer
9/2B Deodar Street