DSS is going to implement the Developing Self-sustaining and Resource-efficient Sustainable Aquaculture Scalable Model project supported by GIZ with a key objective of creating sustainable aquaculture options for the small and marginal fish farmers. It avails technical services for initiating/expanding freshwater aquaculture with a focus on doubling production, more income, more job, food and nutritional security through resource-saving sustainable aquaculture Practices.
Responsibilities and Core Scope of Tasks
1. Designing plan, monitoring and reporting under the framework to Program Manager.
2. He will be responsible for maintaining proper coordination with FPO/CEO, FPO Coordinator, support on capacity building initiatives and rapport building with various stakeholders such as FPOs, Fishery dept., Aquaculture Experts and Scientists.
3. Supporting the coordination and management of projects
4. Communicating with stakeholders regarding project needs and goals
5. Contributing to the planning and development of projects
6. Research information to support other teams and departments as needed
7. Perform administrative tasks such as preparing invoices, estimates, scheduling meetings, etc.
8. Keep track of and report on project progress
9. Complete any tasks assigned by the Program Manager in an efficient and timely manner
10. Perform other duties assigned by the Program Manager orderly and efficiently
11. Any work can be assigned by the management as per the requirement.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries or allied sector/Master’s degree in Zoology/ Rural management from a reputed institute.
• Additional qualification like project coordination programme will be preferred.
• A minimum of 1-5 years of working professional experience in CSO/INGO/ Govt. in a comparable position (ideally with international environment) having experience of project management, administrative coordination, or related experience.
• Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer programme
• Experience of working with the International NGO in the past would be preferable.
• Relevant professional experience in Aquaculture projects would be preferred.
• Willingness to travel and ability to work in teams
• Good understanding of management.
• Proficient computer skills, advance Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and advance Excel)
• Good organisational and administrative skills.
• Ability to work independently when required
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
• Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Approximately 38000 in INR/ EUR 480 per month. TA/DA will be separate and as per organization policy.
Last date of receiving application: 31 August 2022.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• DSS promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from female professionals are encouraged.