DSS is going to implement the Developing Self-sustaining and Resource-efficient Sustainable Aquaculture Scalable Model project supported by GIZ with a key objective of creating sustainable aquaculture options for the small and marginal fish farmers. It avails technical services for initiating/expanding freshwater aquaculture with a focus on doubling production, more income, more job, food and nutritional security through resource-saving sustainable aquaculture Practices.
Responsibilities and Core Scope of Tasks:
1. Develop programs and curricula for the Community Resource Persons of the organization for orientation
2. Analyze the effectiveness of training and workshops to Community Resource Persons and develop appropriate modification if needed
3. Collaborate with the project’s management to identify training needs and schedule appropriate training sessions for CRPs
4. Develop systems to monitor and ensure CRPs are performing their responsibilities according to the training
5. Provide support and mentoring for new trainees while conducting an evaluation and identifying sections where improvements are needed
6. Any work can be assigned by the management as per the requirement.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries/Master’s in Fisheries/Masters in Zoology from a reputed institute.
• Additional qualifications like training programme will be preferred.
• A minimum of 1-3 years of working professional experience in CSO/INGO/ Govt. in a comparable position (ideally with international environment) having experience,
• Experience of working with the International NGO in the past would be preferable.
• Relevant professional experience in Aquaculture projects would be preferred.
• Willingness to travel and ability to work in teams
• Proficient computer skills, advance Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and advance Excel)
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Approximately 33000 in INR/ EUR 420 per month. TA/DA will be separate and as per organization policy.
Age Limit – 22 – 40 Years.
Last date of receiving application: 31 August 2022.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• DSS promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from female professionals are encouraged.
How to Apply: Interested candidates must apply using the Google Form https://forms.gle/qQMW2TZQqYeyk8J78 with their latest
• Updated CV
• A statement of suitability for this position
• A maximum of 2 pages note on one of the topics given below:
Aquaculture, in your assessment, is practiced in different ways with different impacts on the environment and economic performance.
Using a cluster approach, how would you help small aquaculture farmers gain access to better knowledge and finance to improve their fish production and income?
About Darbar Sahitya Sansada
For the details, click on : https://dssodisha.org