Role and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the advisory committee and thematic leads and develop a strategy for knowledge management and experience-sharing mechanisms among the Member States and PHC-related partners of the region.
• Develop knowledge management repository, with relevance for the Member States, on specific thematic areas, values and strategic actions as highlighted in the SEARO PHC Strategy for 20222030.
• Support in identifying partners (local, regional and international) working in the area of PHC Strategy’s 12 strategic actions including PHC Policies and Financing, PHC workforce, Digital Health, Urban PHC, Surveillance, Social Determinants of Health, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Service Delivery, Information Systems, Community Engagement, Capacity for Surveillance and others.
• Support the advisory committee in establishing meaningful partnerships with the partners working in the area of PHC Strategy’s 12 strategic actions.
• Provide support in organizing knowledge management and experience-sharing events/meetings/ workshops among Member States and PHC-related partners.
• Support in implementation research related to various primary health care initiatives.
• Support in setting up of SEARO community of practice for PHC systems.
• Support in compiling and regularly updating the landscape of PHC-related actors, initiatives and tools available in and beyond the Region.
• Support in the development and maintenance of knowledge management portal for PHC.
• Review relevant publications and support in evidence generation and support in advance joint research and/or programmatic actives to support PHC-orientation in Member States, including situation reports.
• Represent Jhpiego and the Regional PHC Partners’ Forum in various meetings, conferences, workshops and seminars as and when required.
• Assist in any other related activities, as assigned by the supervisor.
• Prior experience in the domain of knowledge management;
• Prior experience in public health research and publications
• Ability to work within a consortium and communicate regularly with a variety of team members in multiple locations;
• Strong coordination skills and excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Proficiency in computers, particularly Microsoft Office;
• Ability to work with a diverse technical team;
• Ability to multitask and work in a multicultural environment and handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines;
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of her/his time.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• Professionals Post Graduation/Doctorate from any stream, with proven work experience in knowledge management and a good understanding of primary health care systems.
• Desirable experience of 7 years and above in public health sector with at least 2 years of experience in the domain of primary health care.
• Knowledge on the PHC systems of SEARO region or of similar countries is encouraged.
• Candidates with working experience in similar assignments with national/international organisations will be preferred
• Demonstrable experience and competency in working with government and multiple stakeholders in managing diverse objectives.
• Familiarity with the Indian public health system, newer initiatives in the health sector and relevant government policies/strategies.
Jhpiego offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application at RISE.India@jhpiego.org with a covering note.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.