Project: Delhi Coordination Office
Duration: 12 months (Renewable)
Start Date: ASAP
Application closing date: 31 August 2022
• Salary Gross (INR): 21,940 per month (non-negotiable)
• 18 days annual leave; 12 days paid leave as per specified list of holidays; Sick/Casual leave of 12 days as per calendar year (pro-rated based on hire date).
• Contributions made for statutory benefit programs such as Provident Fund.
• Covered under accident insurance.
• DWBI provides medical reimbursement for employees and their dependents as per health care policy.
• A stimulating, professional environment in an international organization.
• Personal Development and training opportunities.
PURPOSE OF POST:
Carrying out specific technical and logistics works regarding his/her qualifications, according to DWBI procedures and his/her superior's instructions, in order to contribute to the construction, smooth functioning, cleanliness and repairs within DWBI premises
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINES
Hierarchically to Supply Chain Supervisor
Functionally to Supply Activity Manager
MAIN RESPONSIBILTIES AND TASKS :
• Performing work in the areas of his/her qualifications according to his/her line manager's instructions. This can include the following jobs and functions:
o Storekeeper Assistant : Carrying out tasks of checking, recording, storing goods and preparing goods according to the storekeeper's instructions
o Mechanic Assistant : Assisting mechanics in performing all necessary servicing, repair and maintenance works of MSF vehicle fleet and motorised engines
o Driver Assistant : Assisting the driver in performing his duties
o Maintenance Agent: Performing repairs, maintenance and construction works, according to the supervisor's instructions
o Hygiene Agent : Carrying out cleaning activities in the mission
• Taking all necessary safety measures for each work done and ensuring the same for all his/her assistants.
• Ensuring cleanliness of common working areas.
• Ensuring proper use, storage and maintenance of the equipment and tools provided.
• Informing superiors of any incident that may occur in the course of his/her work
Performing tasks delegated to him/her as specified below.
CONTEXT SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES :
Carrying out tasks of checking, recording, storing goods and preparing goods according to the Supervisor instructions :
• Reciving goods arriving to the store, checking it ’s status/condition and amount in the waybill
• Preparing out-going items in a clean and optimized way by appropriately packing, sealing and labelling goods, assisting with recording the exits on stock cards and project form, and ensuring good quality of cold chain when needed.
• Ensuring that goods are well organized and stored in a clean area to be visible and traceable i.e.
assisting in the stock inventory, storing items according to nature and use, and ensuring that the temperature in the store is appropriate.
Performing repairs, maintenance and construction Works. :
• Perform regular maintenance of installations / equipment / infrastructures (house, store, warehouse, etc.), particularly in line with a preventive maintenance plan (procedures to follow, Schedule, etc.).
• Perform necessary tests if any / check to confirm the proper operation of the installation or equipment after repair.
• In the event of faults / deterioration, diagnose the problem and propose possible solutions to the line manager and/or technical advisor.
• Ensure that there are adequate stocks of consumables and materials for minor repairs and manage the stocks, placing orders in time.
Carrying out cleaning activities. :
• Keeping area within DWBI premises clean and tidy (ex. empty dustbins, sweep paths, etc.) and perform general maintenance activities of the garden (ex. Cut grass, maintain flower beds, prune trees if necessary, etc.).
• Filling all water containers every morning (drinking water and hand washing points) and refilling when half full and for hand washing, ensuring soap is available
• Maintaining clean and disinfected, in the working place including the furniture, doors, walls and floor and storage room, bathroom and latrines) according to protocols and Schedule.
Education : None is required
Experience : Previous experience in work related jobs required
Languages : Local language (Hindi)
Knowledge : Basic Technical Skills in electrical.
• Commitment to DWBI Principle L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Stress Management L1
• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Service Orientation L1
This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
To apply for the above position:
Please clearly state which position you are applying for and send CV and letter of motivation to apply for this position (with phone number) not later than 31 August 2022 to India@oca.msf.org
Application without motivation letter will not be accepted.