Roles & Responsibility:
Scaling of FSM and GWM in the State
- Support effective roll out of ODF + activities through technical support to Govt. of Chhattisgarh in various districts. This includes support in site selection, DPR preparation and onsite support to Faecal Sludge Management (FSM) and Greywater Management (GWM) solutions.
- Training of key stakeholders on FSM and GWM.
- Contribute to State specific policy development on FSM and GWM.
- Support in piloting innovations in FSM and GWM technologies in the State of Chhattisgarh.
- Support team in organising events for learning dissemination of FSM and GWM related work at the State level.
Support to FSM and GWM project
- Support FSM expert at the State level for designing, implementing and monitoring WASH infrastructures in programme districts.
- Mainstream principles of FSM and GWM in all ongoing work.
- Generate evidence on performance of FSM and GWM technologies piloted in State and course correction if needed.
- Engage with key stakeholders at district and State levels for effective functioning of FSM and GWM technologies.
- Develop project implementation approaches for FSM and GWM technologies.
- Capacity building of team on FSM and GWM themes and approach.
- Strengthen community processes for operation and maintenance of FSM and GWM technologies.
- Provide technical support to State team on all WASH related aspects.
- Support to regular project updates and donor reports.
- Facilitate WAI project related assessment, monitoring/quality assurance, donor visits, audit visits
- Identify and establish rapport with other experts who can add value to WAI’s efforts with regard to the theme.
- Undertake any other activity/ work as directed by Line Manager or Supervisor looking at larger program commitments in WaterAid.
- Ensure deliverables committed under the project as planned.
- Follow financial procedure of WaterAid on procurement process and expenses.
Eligibilities and Qualifications:
Graduate/ Degree in one of the following:
- Civil engineering
- Environmental engineering
- At least 3 years’ experience in a non-governmental organisation, supporting State level projects on FSM and GWM.
- Experience working in close coordination with government departments
- Experience in imparting training on FSM and GWM
b.) Skills, Aptitude and Attitude:
- Proficiency in making AutoCAD Drawings & modelling. Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of basic financial management and reporting relating to construction activities
- Proficiency in Hindi and English. Knowledge & proficiency in local language (Chhattisgarhi) is desirable
- Excellent organizational, logistical and communication skills; Good writing skills
- Knowledge & understanding of the local cultural context, governance and systems will be desirable
c.) Other requirements
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to work Independent
- Ability to travel extensive.
- Able to prioritise, set and meet deadline
WAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Women and the differently abled are encouraged to apply.