- Drive the development of the strategic vision, priorities and activities of Learning for Action & Data Science division. Supervise and manage senior staff to ensure the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Continually assess global and national trends to ensure Jhpiego India is on the forefront of data measurement, analysis, and use. Provide organizational-wide leadership and guidance for building capacity to strengthen Jhpiego India’s reputation as a leader in data science, impact and learning.
- Foster a culture of positioning data as an asset by curation of existing/retrospective data and creation of opportunities through existing and prospective programs to collect big data, which lends itself favourably to advanced data science and analytics.
- Collaborate with the Digital Health Team to ensure use and incorporation of cutting-edge data capture tools across projects, to enable collection of quality and meaningful data, which lends itself to data science and analytics.
- Work closely with other staff in the Learning for Action & Data Science division and technical teams, to build learning agendas across Jhpiego India’s technical and cross-cutting areas, and to ensure their alignment with Jhpiego India’s overall learning priorities.
- Identify critical learning approaches that can become standard parts of the majority of Jhpiego India’s programs and projects.
- Continue to build leadership, skills and expertise in growth areas for the organization including developing innovative tools and models that support data-based decision-making including impact modelling, costing, etc.
- Lead and provide strategic guidance to staff focused on data analytics and visualization to ensure strong systems and processes for collecting, analysing, and visualizing data to maximize data use.
- Provide management oversight and linkages to ensure Jhpiego India’s experts in evaluation, research and data compliance are aligned with national, donor and organizational priorities, needs and contractual requirements.
- Provide strategic leadership for driving peer-reviewed publication and dissemination efforts of Jhpiego India’s priority research and evaluation activities and work.
- Support the Research Team in the implementation of Jhpiego’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) policy, including training for staff in research ethics. Provide technical guidance in managing ethical review and application process and serve as principal investigator as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Country Director and other staff, support development of proposals or other business development opportunities and participate in the review of technical and programmatic portions of business development proposals and write and review M&E sections to ensure technical quality and fit with national and Jhpiego wide programs and program approaches.
Required Qualifications & Abilities:
- Advanced degree in public health, health administration, public administration, or related field.
- More than 10 years of progressively responsible public health management, including in monitoring and evaluation, at least 5 years of which include managing staff.
- Strong ability to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and team work.
- Strong ability to lead a team in a dynamic and changing context and under pressure.
- Strong technical and programmatic background in monitoring and evaluation, especially management and the provision of technical support to country public health programs.
- Proven, demonstrable leadership skills and expertise in strategic planning, implementation and management.
- Proven experience in leading highly skilled and qualified technical personnel.
- Excellent understanding of India’s public health systems particularly those pertaining to monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent understanding donor systems, structures and processes.
- Strong change management, results oriented and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and English written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of their time.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application at email@example.com with a covering note.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR .