The CVHO will work at state, and/or district level (and perhaps national level) to assist governments and build their capacity in running a successful hypertension control program in partnership with other stakeholders with the aim of improving control rates at population level. The area of work will include cardiovascular health and other co-morbidities like diabetes. The CVHO shall be placed at the state and/or district level to perform duties listed below.
Location: Uttarakhand, Tripura, Bihar
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Accelerate implementation of hypertension treatment protocols at the national, state, and/or district levels, depending on site placement.
• Technical support to the government at different levels and its partners for planning, training, surveillance, monitoring and evaluation of hypertension treatment and control activities
• Technical support for extending the services for hypertension management to the community level and thereby provide patient-friendly services. Technical support to health facilities and community level workers in timely, accurate and complete documentation of patient blood pressure and status, as well as on aggregate reporting of hypertension data (e.g., prevalence, treatment, control) using a standardized recording and reporting system, which could be paper and/or electronic
• Visits to facilities at the district, sub-district and institution level to develop capacity of program staff to assess and improve the quality of service delivery based on their data and also to document good practices
• Validate reported clinical data by triangulation of records and reports and patient interviews; and build capacity of government counterparts for same
• Regular analysis and interpretation of surveillance and epidemiological data to support appropriate follow up actions by the government and partners
• Facilitate uninterrupted drug supply at all levels by building capacity for drug logistic management at State and district levels
• As a technical expert make presentations, draft reports and strategic documents required for decision making and implementing at district and in the state
• Liaise and coordinate with partner agencies, non-governmental organizations, health facilities, professional bodies, and others to strengthen programmatic activities
• Build capacity of the government at different levels in training including preparation of a training plan and training of trainers, district level trainings etc. Assist in development and revision of training modules for various cadres of staff.
• Liaise with national, state, and/or district level authorities and key non-governmental partners to enhance political and administrative commitment for hypertension treatment and control
• Guide the work of and ensure timely performance assessment of supervisee (data officer) where available and provide timely feedback
• Provide regular feedback and reports to the hiring agency on adherence to clinical treatment protocols and performance on hypertension control based on clinical data and public health surveillance measures
• Coordinate with other CVHOs in the state and at national level for accelerating effective implementation of the program; work in unison and close coordination with the government counterparts at duty station (state or centre)
• Other technical assistance activities as deemed appropriate and necessary by the hiring agency
• The position requires extensive travel (upto about 15 days in a month) to the district and sub-district
Qualifications & Experience
• MBBS with post-graduate education in Community medicine/ Public health
• Preferably with 2-3 years of experience in public health program management at state/regional level
Age limit: 20-62 years
Note: These terms of reference may be modified, as required, from time to time, in the interest of the project.
Remuneration 18,00,000/- per Annum
How to Apply
Click below link