Roles and responsibilities/Scope of Work
- Develop research & extension work plans, develop grant proposals and assist in grant completion and submission processes
- Work as part of the programme/ thematic team
- Teach courses at Ph.D., Post-Graduation and Diploma Level
- Conduct cutting edge / large scale research on ECD themes
- Engage in policy advocacy, analysis etc.
- Develop innovative ECD programmes, including distance and other educational programmes and implement extension activities
- Organise conferences, seminars, symposia, workshops, training and capacity building activities etc.
- Such other work as may be assigned from time to time.
- In addition to the above, the Fellow/Assistant Professor is expected to undertake all duties assigned by the Jamia Millia Islamia including admissions, examinations, invigilation duties and any other administrative / organizational duty so assigned
Qualification and Experience
- Postgraduate degree in Education (M.Ed./M.A. Education with B.Ed.) or Postgraduate degree in Early Childhood Development, Child Development, Human Development or Home Science with specialisation in Child Development with minimum 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed).
- A Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be. Provided further, candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges / Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions
- Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only
- Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted
- Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned
Ph.D. degree from a university/institution with a ranking in top 500 in the World University ranking (at any time) by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), the Times Higher Education (THE) and Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Skills and Knowledge
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Strong experience in material development for children.
- Strong background in communication and documentation.
- Adapt to multi-tasking and timely submission of deliverables
- Ensures that programme goals and activities uphold the principles, codes and commitments of Save the Children,
- Continuously provides feedback and updates to achieve improved results
- Documents lessons learned and applies them to future projects
- Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well under pressure
- Takes responsibility for own work and for the impact of own actions
Duration of the Assignment:
This would be a Consultancy Contract for the duration of five months 01.10.2022 to 31.03.2023 which would be renewable on a yearly basis.
The Fellow/Assistant Professor cost would be inclusive of taxes at the rate of Rs. 80,250/- per month.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values, and principles
- Recruitment and selection procedures, which include rigorous background checks, reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
- Save the Children aims to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.