Roles and responsibilities
- Create a comprehensive & engaging Communication work plan including social media plan for spreading awareness about the needs, benefits, and safety of the COVID-19 vaccines. The plan to address Immunization division at national and state level, through NGO partners, media partners and other relevant stakeholders, to accelerate vaccination coverage. Address misinformation and rumors around vaccines, in consultation with the Risk Communications Lead.
- Coordinate communication activities including editorial initiatives , including designing and editing various publications, and take the overall responsibility for content development for multiple media platforms.
- Create engaging multimedia content across multiple platforms.
- Manage the day-to-day handling of different communication & social media channels (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube ) and others as required, adapting content to suit different channels.
- Oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms using scheduling tools such as Hootsuite.
- Coordinate communication activities across state and national teams.
- Identify opportunities for showcasing project work with different stakeholders.
- Form key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms.
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions.
- Develop social media communication protocols, SOPs, and internal plans for government officials at the national and state levels, NGO partners, private partners and other stakeholders.
- Track/ create database of the macro, micro and nano influencers/social media champions from diverse areas of work, compose human-interest stories, develop Project stories/best practices and news about the projects’ most important achievements to be placed in the national level social media.
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights. Research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity.
- Facilitate training sessions to evaluate the current social media strategy around vaccination and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare reports, presentations, correspondence, meeting agendas as needed.
- Undertake travel as per the activities of the project
Qualification, Experience & Skills
JSIPL India seeks a results-oriented individual with the ability to produce high quality deliverables, managing multiple concurrent tasks, and meet tight deadlines with attention to detail. The successful candidate is required to have:
- Post Graduate in Journalism, Social Sciences, Public Policy, Public Health or related fields.
- 6-8 years of post qualification experience in social media management, with demonstrated history in executing online social media campaigns, curate social media messaging and analyzing social media trends. Experience of working with international non-profit organizations will be an advantage.
- In-depth understanding of the range of social media platforms, for promotion and awareness generation.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques.
- Knowledge of search engine optimisation.
- Project and campaign management skills.
- Knowledge of various social media tools, public health issues, immunization programs, and advocacy.
- Sound understanding of the national COVID-19 response and vaccination programs.
- Exemplary written communication skills and a thorough comprehension of Hindi & English language principles, style guides, and editorial best practices.
- A narrative instinct for crafting messages/tweets in a way that emotionally and psychologically connects with audiences.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to keep track of large sets of information.
- Experience of working with the government/public health organizations in a similar capacity would be an advantage.
Please review the detailed Job Description and submit your application at the following link:
JSI India subscribes to a policy of equal opportunity. Applicants for employment will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, caste, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Please note that the last date of applying for this position is September 05, 2022 and only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.