(A) Programme Planning and Implementation:
(1) Planning and execution of all activities related to eVIN & CoWIN implementation in the designated district, in close coordination with district DIO/ RCHO;
(2) Support the work of Cold Chain Handlers (CCH) at District Vaccine Store (DVS) and cold chain points in improving timely stock entries and their online visibility, including temperature performance of cold chain equipment.
(3) Support DPM, Data operators & Block team in CoWIN based Covid Vaccination Process
(B) Technical Assistance:
(1) Support the District Immunization Officer (DIO) in all the activities pertaining to vaccine logistics and cold chain management in the district. This includes but is not limited to:
• Vaccine stock forecasting.
• Cold chain needs assessment , Indent generation
• Storage and distribution planning for vaccines, syringes and Cold Chain Equipment (CCE).
• Planning for preventive maintenance of CCE
• Any other work assigned by the DIO as and when required.
(2) Support the DIO in organizing review meetings of Cold Chain Handlers(CCH)
(3) Develop vaccine collection and distribution cycle and ensure its implementation with support from District Vaccine Store (DVS) in-charge
(4) Ensure all transactions (issue, receipt, discard, transfer etc.) of vaccines and syringes are entered in the eVIN system
(5) Review the online data entry of all vaccine and syringes transactions on daily basis and ensure regular & timely updating from all cold chain points.
(6) Regular analysis of consumption patterns, wastage rates, monthly reports etc. supporting DIO in taking corrective actions.
(7) Monitor cold chain performance through remote temperature loggers and ensure prompt response to temperature excursions at cold chain points across the district.
(8) Work closely with the district refrigerator mechanic to ensure timely repair of cold chain machines.
(9) Visit all iced-lined refrigerator (ILR) points in the district and support the DIO in day to day monitoring and implementation
(10) Work closely with State and district Level Health officials
(11) Undertake field visits to monitor the implementation of the system and provide technical inputs to address gaps and bottlenecks in the implementation of eVIN.
(12) Undertake field visits for 20 days in a month within district.
(13) Prepare periodic status reports, annual reports, case studies, etc. in a qualitative and timely manner
(C) Capacity Building of Cold Chain Handlers:
(1) Conduct training sessions for CCH and plan for refresher trainings and training of newly recruited staff
(2) Supportive supervision of CCH in effective vaccine logistics and cold chain management including temperature recording and handling.
(3) Identify capacity-building needs on eVIN and undertake capacity-building activities district level for different levels of health professional and field-level functionaries, facilitate learning exchanges
(D) Vaccine Temperature Management:
(1) Temperature logger installation, this includes
(a) Verify master-data readiness before site installation
(b) Sign-off post logger installation
(c) Associate the temperature logger with CCE
(2) Cold Chain Equipment and Temperature logger monitoring on a regular basis
(3) Carry out ongoing maintenance of Assets, this includes:
(a) Updating the configuration of temperature logger
(b) Updating/maintaining the master-data in eVIN web application once logger is installed
(c) Registering a CCE or similar asset or a temperature loggers if they are not in eVIN systems
(E) Admin and HR:
(1) Develop Monthly workplan and Monthly activity report for submission to PO-Operations
(2) Prepare travel logs and vouchers
(3) Attendance report generation, salary and TA issuing and approval of leave.
(1) A minimum of 3 Years of professional work experience at the District level in the health sector and proven experience in the public health system and programs at district level.
(2) Experience in vaccines supply chain and cold chain will be preferred
(3) Should have good knowledge of the health system of country and state
(4) Experience in managing information technology driven projects will be an asset
(5) Should have analytical, negotiating, communication skills.
(6) Experience of working in the State Government or other international development organization will be an asset.
(7) Kannada Speaking candidates will have added advantage.
Gross compensation offered for the position shall be
INR 22,000/- per month, plus Rs. 5,000/- per month towards reimbursement of actual travel costs incurred within the district.
To Apply kindly share your resume along with the job title and location on firstname.lastname@example.org