This role is to provide supervision and coordination to all the sponsorship activities, processes, and sponsorship officers and SBVMs in the Program Area to sustain the good relationship between Plan, sponsored families, and sponsors and to improve Plan sponsorship work in Plan India following the global guidelines.
To promote the rights of children and equality for girls, in all the sponsorship-related activities.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Closely work with the frontline workers (SBVM) and prepare a monthly work plan and monitor the same.
• Plan day-to-day work with the sponsorship officer/s towards achieving the sponsorship KPIs.
• Cross verification of the information of SCI/SCU including the quality photographs received from FLWs to ensure all the communications & photographs should go error-free within the deadline and adhere to Plan India children and youth safeguarding policy.
• Updating Sponsored children’s information on a yearly basis.
• Keeping SC files & folders including other Sponsorship communication record/registers safe and secure as per data protection policy.
• Guide and monitor SBVMs for the due communications adhering to the timeline.
• Ensure that all equipment allocated to him/her, to facilitate Plan’s work is properly and efficiently managed in accordance with established procedures.
• Field visit/visit to the SC& family for data validation of SC communication
• Prepare cancellation proposal with 100% validation of all sponsorship communications which is also one of the sponsorship commitments especially WGC, SCR, SGR, and OCC including translated communications by the translators.
• Prepare Sponsorship Communication documents which include eligibility criteria, To-do list, SCCDR, OCC, Cancellation/Graduation including every digital communication with CDPET, etc., and in case of alternative/absence of translator, translate the SC communications.
• Ensure the gifts and letters of Sponsors are reached to the beneficiaries/SC & family through FLWs.
• Field visit for data validation of SC communications and support to the field team in case there is a requirement
• Respond to National Office Enquiry adhering to timeline
• Attend training/meetings conducted by CO sponsorship team and ensure the same is disseminated to the field.
• Support in the preparation of Sponsor (SP) visits and accompany SPs during visits and ensure that all sponsored visits to the assigned community are prepared and conducted successfully to maintain the image of the organization. Make sure all Sponsors visits are organized in a common place (School or community centre and safe area and not in the home of the Sponsored child)
CORE COMPETENCIES :
• Good understanding on Plan India’s programs and Sponsorship processes
• Good working knowledge of computers
• Reasonable expertise in developing sponsorship communications for field level Staff and fair understanding of systems
• Ability to monitor and follow up sponsorship systems and processes effectively
• Ability to work strategically in team and complete the task within the given timeline
• Comfortable to undertake travel and do field level sponsorship activities in case of urgency.
• Communicate effectively with sponsored child and family and able to facilitate PU staff on Sponsor visit to the program area.
• Excellent team management skills
QUALIFICATION / S AND PREFERRED EXPERIENCE :
Preferably a master’s in Social Work/Social Science/ Communication with a minimum of three years of work experience of working with children and in sponsorship-based operations will be preferred; Prior Plan PU experience will be an advantage.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS :
The job will entail travel up to fifty percent (50%) of the functional work time.
COMPENSATION & EMPLOYMENT :
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
How to apply :
Please send us your updated resume along with a suitability note (Single Word document only) at email@example.com . Please mention “Sponsorship Officer” in the subject line. Last date for sending applications is 3rd September 2022
Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.