Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and organising researches including primary data collection and secondary researches as per the organisational programme priorities.
- Support in research and analysis of the existing laws, policies and programs from the perspective of the poor and excluded; and develop policy notes, articles on policy analysis, alternatives and propositions.
- Establish linkages and engage with key government and non-government institutions at national and international levels for research agenda as may be identified from time to time by the organization.
- Coordinate and work closely with various state offices and other units in the organization for the purpose of different research projects.
- Be part of the policy and research team and help in developing research questionnaires, pilot testing the same etc.
- Coordinate with the ground surveyors and support in their training and orientation for the purpose of different research projects.
- Draft research reports and develop policy papers/propositions, articles, case studies basis research outcomes.
- Coordinate with the donor organisations for the purpose of research updates and reporting.
- Support in research proposal development including concept notes, budget, etc.
- Any other task that may be decided from time to time based on organizations research requirements
Head, Policy & Research Unit, ActionAid Association (India)
As per the work requirements.
Qualification, Skills and Competencies
- Post Graduate Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work, Sociology, Political Science, Development Studies, Public Policy or other related fields.
- Knowledge and Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative researches including methods of primary data collection, secondary survey, conducting FGDs, doing and preparing case studies, analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, etc.
- Knowledge of data collection tools like Survey CTO/Kobo Toolbox.
- Knowledge of data analysis using tools like R/Stata.
- Knowledge and experience of working on issues of informal sector workers, migrant workers, urban poor, women’s participation in paid and unpaid work, gender-based discrimination and violence, human rights, etc.
- Prior experience in writing and producing reports, research papers or policy briefs.
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure with strict deadlines
Salary & Benefits
Approx – INR 5.5 Lakhs CTO (Cost to Organisation)–
(This is inclusive of contributions to PF and other benefits like Group Medical Insurance with coverage of Staff & Dependents and gratuity. Personal Accident Insurance of staff and gratuity is payable as per law and norms of the organisation.)
Please send your application, only on our ‘Standard Application Form’ available in the ‘Jobs’ section of our website: http://www.actionaid.org/india through e-mail at email@example.com
Please mention in the subject line of your e-mail “Research Officer – Policy & Research Unit”.
Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable ActionAid Association to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit ActionAid Association's e-Recruitment website at: www.actionaidindiajobs.org
The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement. Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Last Date for Receiving Application