The Regional Supply Chain Managers will support the project by:
- Building supply chain management capacity of SACS and peripheral staff on forecasting, inventory management, distribution & stock reporting in consultation with programme managers of SACS.
- Work closely with SACS officials, Sr. Supply Chain Manager (JSI) and Program Manager – SCM of
- (Plan India) on regular basis for supporting/managing the project activities like-
- Participate in development of annual project state specific work plans with the project team members and coordinate with the project leadership team at JSI and Plan India on regular basis for execution of project deliverables.
- Coordinate with SACS and 3PL service provider for distribution of ARV drugs to ART centres, Testing Kits to ICTCs in respective states. Assist and support the service provider to use proper cold chain system for distribution of kits.
- Assist to resolve issues relating to logistics and supply chain including road permits in respect of transportation including assistance in issuance of excise & custom duty exemption documentation, as the case may be.
- Monitor expiry and short expiry items and inform NACO/SACS to take necessary action. Prepare periodic reports on expired ARV and testing Kits & other commodities.
- Coordinate with the SACS to calculate & replenish facility requirement of ARV and testing Kits and other commodities. Report the stock out immediately to SACS/NACO.
- Facilitate the implementation of newly developed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for efficient management of ARV drugs, testing kits and other commodities.
- Facilitate roll out of Learning Management System for capacity building of supply chain personnel in the region.
- Monitor stock levels at state warehouse and facilities, report and provide indication of under-stocking / overstocking / expiry of goods to SACS and NACO project team based on the consumption pattern.
- Facilitate the intra-state relocation of ARVs and testing kits wherever required.
- Support the SACS staff to submit weekly/monthly and quarterly report on time.
- Provide support to improve the performance of SACS and facilities in indenting and inventory management function.
- Supportive supervision visits to the selected ART and ICTC facilities to ensure that the SOPs are used for the supply chain management and provide handholding to logistics staff as needed.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly and quarterly reports to supervisor and project team covering progress made on the project activities, state/facilities visited etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate degree in business, science or pharmacy and advanced/professional qualification in supply chain management/logistics management/operations management.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, with 3-5 years of experience in managing public health programs/supply chain at national/state level; experience with HIV/AIDS/TB program is desirable.
- Familiarity with government processes and practices in Supply Chain Management.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate highly technical health information to both health and non-health audiences, and achieve consensus on policy, project, and administrative matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral proficiency in English and the local language.
- Local candidates from the corresponding state or candidates willing to relocate will be preferred.
- The incumbent is required to travel frequently to the allocated work geography.
How to Apply:
Please review the detailed Job Description and submit your application online on the following link (please copy and paste the link in your browser): https://forms.gle/aPUyogPn5Kj1BJo86
JSI R&T India Foundation subscribes to a policy of equal opportunity. Applicants for employment will not be discriminated on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, caste, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. Please note that the last date of applying for this position is September 04, 2022. We appreciate your interest in working with us, however, due to the large volume of applications received, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.