- Ensure compliance with JSI India’s Operations Manual and standard operating procedures.
- Prepare the Bank Reconciliation Statement on a monthly basis and ensure no or minimum reconciliation items.
- Assist in all Donor audits. Prepare and provide statements as required.
- Assist in all other audits and certification for the foundation.
- Ensure compliance with all direct and indirect taxation laws in the process of review, recording and payment of the transactions.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
- The description of the responsibilities is indicative of the work that this position is expected to accomplish. It may include other responsibilities related to the level of work expected from this position as may assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills
-- Post Graduate (commerce).
-- Minimum 6-8 years of experience, preferably working with NGOs in handling finance/accounts with international donors including USG, Gates Foundation, UNC
-- Proficiency in TALLY with cost center accounting.
-- Working knowledge of statutory requirements like TDS and GST. Preference will be given to candidates who have recorded such data in the system directly.
-- Excellent command over all applications of MS office
-- Exceptional attention to detail and strong commitment to understanding and implementing stringent financial controls
-- Self-motivated, constructive, creative and with strong result orientation.
-- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
How to apply:
Please review the detailed Job Description and submit your application online on the following link (please copy and paste the link in your browser):
JSI India subscribes to a policy of equal opportunity. Applicants for employment will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, caste, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Please note that the last date of applying for this position is September 18, 2022 and only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.