This position is for the Unite to ACT (Amplifying Community Action for TB Eliminiation) project supported by the Global Fund. The goal of the Unite to ACT project is to accelerate efforts towards TB elimination in India by unifying and scaling up community action for TB through a cohesive community-led response. The project will be implemented in 10 states in the country and will provide technical assistance for community engagement to an additional 15 states/UTs.
REACH is currently recruiting for 1 District Community Coordinators (DCC), to be based at Shahdara District (Delhi). The District Community Coordinator will be responsible for implementation of the project in their respective districts.
The District Community Coordinator will work under the supervision of the State Operations Lead and will be based at the district, with the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for overall implementation of the project in their designated districts and to achieve monthly/quarterly project targets.
• Preparing district level activity plan in line with the broader Project Activity Plan.
• Responsible for day-to-day coordination, supervision/monitoring, handholding of TB Champions for project related activities during the mentorship program
• Responsible for overall coordination of the Support Hub activity and RRT as per the project plan
• Planning and organising trainings and workshops in the districts in coordination with District TB Cells (DTC)
• Organising monthly meeting with TB Champions at the district level.
• Organising monthly meeting with all support hub coordinators.
• Coordinating with DTC for smoother project implementation and updating them on project progress.
• Participation in all state and regional review meetings as required.
• Timely submission of monthly activity plan and report (District MAPS) to respective DTO.
• Preparing project reports for donor/internal reporting including validating all district level data for the QPR as per Project Guidelines, preparing and submiting district level QPR as per the time line.
• Validating, verifying and approving all district/field level invoices & bills and submiting it to the State Operations Lead on time.
• Ensuring accurate and in-depth documentation of all project activities
• Drafting reports, meeting minutes and other documents as necessary.
• Traveling to the state capital / other districts as required for implementation of planned activities.
• Managing logistics for district-level activities as required
• Any other assigned activity.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• Graduate/Post graduate in Social work, Management, Rural Development, Public Health or related field
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience for Graduates or 2 years for Post Graduates in implementation of health or development projects at the district level
• Prior experience of working in the district for which applications are invited
• Knowledge of TB and the functioning of the TB programme preferred
• Experience in community engagement for public health preferred
• Experience in field data verification and validation of field invoices
• Knowledge of using MS Word, Excel etc for programmatic and financial reporting
• High ethical standards and transparent working style
• Ability to use tact and diplomacy with all sensitive issues and special situations
• Fluency in English, Hindi & local launguage wherever applicable
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills
• Strong interpersonal and stakeholder relation skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in fast paced work environment
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, know when to act independently and when to consult for advice on decision-making
• A willingness to carry out a wide range of activities, including both professional and logistical tasks
• Willingness to travel extensively across the district and occasionally to state capital to attend meetings & workshops.
Candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application including a cover letter describing their suitablity for this position and an updated CV (with at least three references) to email@example.com at the earliest and no later than Sep 17th 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.