The State Project Manager will be the face of the project within the project’s implementation states. They will act as a link between various stakeholders (respective state governments, technical associations, implementing partners, and technical agencies) to implement project interventions across identified districts. They will be responsible for contextualizing project interventions and seamless implementation of them in the state with the support of identified local NGOs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Relationship Building and Coordination:
• Establish strong linkages with key decision-makers in different departments of state governments, partner organizations, technical associations, and local NGOs at the state level to have a smooth implementation of the project.
• Obtain administrative approvals and regular administrative support from departments of state government and technical associations as required.
• Liaise with select district officials to help ensure smooth implementation of the project.
• Ensure regular meetings with state and district government, associations, and partners and update them on project progress.
• Seek their inputs and ensure they are incorporated into project implementation plans.
Project Management & Implementation :
• Provide guidance & leadership to local NGOs entrusted with field implementation of project activities.
• Provide oversight in the development of work plans and budgets of the implementing NGOs and ensure they are adapted to the needs in each respective state.
• Monitor implementation of micro plans and budget of local NGO and track progress of all activities against deliverables in a qualitative manner. Identify gaps in implementation and ensure continuous adaptation of work plan as per identified gaps and emerging priorities.
• Ensure that local NGOs submit complete, timely, and quality reports and data in required formats.
• Ensure those project activities are on track as per deliverables and compliances are maintained as per EngenderHealth and USAID SOP.
• Document project outcomes including challenges in project implementation and lessons learned.
• Assist program team in its dissemination at state and country level.
• Represent EngenderHealth in state-level meetings with government, partners, and technical associations.
Finance, Administration and Human Resources :
• Ensure compliance of EngenderHealth and USAID financial and administrative standards and SOPs.
• Ensure timely submission of timesheets.
• Ensure preparation of the financial reports and budget-related work and the related monitoring for the project and activities.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Postgraduate/graduate degree in health management, public health, or the relevant branch of social sciences.
• At least 5 or more years of working experience in an international organization, in the areas of RMNCHA or gender.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS :
• Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
• Well organized, and flexible with the ability to work under pressure.
• Able to work in a team setting.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS :
• Good understanding and knowledge of the health system in India and government setup.
• Strong liaising skills with government counterparts, technical associations, and partner organizations in respective states.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong English writing and oral skills, including project documentation.