The Program Associate is a full-time position based at Guwahati under the supervision of the Project Director in the USAID Advancing Nutrition India Project. The Program Associate will coordinate with Technical Advisor and Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist and will chalk out a follow up action plan to ensure that the project’s operational tasks are implemented as per scheduled timelines.
Under the guidance of Project Director and in coordination with Technical Advisor and Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist, the Program Associate will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide coordination support for coordinating various events and project activities put on by USAID Advancing Nutrition, such as evidence sharing events, business-to-business meetings, and trainings etc.
- Provide day to day support to various consultants (e.g., photography, market systems, etc.) and coordinate with them for completion of necessary activities and their time-bound reporting to JSI PL
JSIPL seeks a results-oriented individual with the ability to produce high quality deliverables, managing multiple concurrent tasks, and meet tight deadlines with attention to detail. The successful candidate is required to have:
- A post graduate degree in agriculture, market systems development, nutrition, social sciences social work, or similar field is essential. Added qualification in communications, nutrition or other relevant subjects is desirable.
- 3-5 years of work experience of working in the field of agriculture or nutrition is desirable especially with Government and private sector stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal relations; ability to network, work in multi-cultural team environment, and work harmoniously with multiple partners
- Strong written and oral communication with good presentation skills.
- Understanding of Assamese is essential for this position.
- Knowledge of monitoring & evaluation, Social and Behaviour Change, technology solutions in development, documentation and report writing are a plus.
- Willingness to undertake regular field travel to the intervention areas
How to Apply:
Please review the detailed Position Description and submit your application at the following link (please copy and paste the link in your browser):
JSI India subscribes to a policy of equal opportunity. Applicants for employment will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, caste, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Please note that the last date of applying for this position is September 19, 2022 and only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.