• Support in multisectoral (health, animal health, environment, and other relevant sectors) convergence by strengthening the state level “One Health” communication, collaboration and coordination mechanisms for monkeypox and similar zoonotic diseases
• Advocate with the state level stakeholders for creation of ‘one health’ task force for periodic multi-sectoral co-ordinated surveillance for monkeypox and similar zoonotic diseases
• Facilitate provision of technical assistance to government for the development of strategic plans for One Health and zoonoses and ensure implementation of relevant activities with health, animal health, environmental and relevant stakeholders
• Support development of training modules and support related capacity building workshops on One Health at state level in implementation states
• Undertake field visits and investigations as relevant, for monitoring and implementation of activities related to One Health and zoonoses pertaining to monkeypox
• Support the identified intervention states in creation of guideline/framework for setting up co-ordination and periodic surveillance mechanism for institutional strengthening of institutes involved in human health, animal health and environmental work In order to prepare for future upsurge of monkeypox or similar zoonotic diseases
• Provide support to the development and monitoring of work plans, budgets, and finances in accordance with the donor rules and regulations and Jhpiego policies and procedures.
• Work closely with national and state team to develop annual work plan for the program and provide support in implementation and monitoring of program activities as per agreed plan and timelines.
• Work with Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team at national and state level to design indicators, establish systems for tracking progress, indicators, and deliverables according to agreed work-plans to ensure state and donor requirements are met.
• Co-ordinate regular meetings of key strategic stakeholders, lab partners, field epidemiologists, training partners and potential vertical program collaborations and assist in inter-sectoral coordination for effective implementation of the program.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor(s).
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi.
• Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic documents such as operational guidelines, assessment reports, training materials, program reports etc.
• Direct experience of independently liaising with government health functionaries, district level administrators and other development partners.
• Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
• Microsoft Office computer skills, proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to travel up to 40 % of his/her time.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• University degree in, veterinary medicine, public health, ecology or equivalent in related field from a recognized institution/university
• Post-graduation in veterinary public health or other allied fields.
• 7-10 years of experience in at international, national or state level in the areas of zoonotic disease detection, prevention and control
• More than five (5) years working experience with government public health, veterinary, agriculture and/or environment agencies at the national and state level will be an advantage.
• Experience in co-ordination of agencies/partners and multi-sectoral collaboration with diverse partners from animal health/human health perspective
• Demonstrated experience of creating large-scale communication strategies; experience of working in public health communication is an advantage
• Excellent knowledge and understanding on the Indian public health eco-system and government healthcare programs along with in-depth understanding of one-health approach and the topic of global health security
Jhpiego offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application at RISE.India@jhpiego.org with a covering note.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.