• Oversee the development, elaboration and implementation of the monkeypox risk communication strategies for general as well as high risk communities in implementation states and implementation facilities
• In close collaboration with the state level program officers, map and engage risk communication stakeholders; establish and sustain coordination mechanisms for monkeypox risk communication.
• Liaison and co-ordinate with key stakeholders in the national authorities (NCDC), nongovernmental organizations and civil society organizations, state units of IDSPs, facilities and high-risk population groups to develop relevant information, education and communication materials in languages and formats easily used by national as well as state level stakeholders and the communities.
• Map preferred channels of communication in the intervention states with a special focus on vulnerable groups/high risk population for monkeypox disease.
• Collaborate with state level hubs, local medical colleges, state level stakeholders and facility level stakeholders for dissemination of the risk communication materials
• Lead and maintain quality control for risk communication products such as public information; brochures, leaflets and posters; radio and TV scripts; guides for stakeholders for risk communication, and ensure their translation into local language and their adaptation for the local context.
• Organize risk communication trainings for internal program teams as well as relevant state, district and facility level stakeholders.
• Liaison with the agriculture department, health department and animal husbandry department to understand the gaps and strengthen the implementation of risk communications strategy for all three departments to prevent the spread of zoonotic diseases like monkeypox
• Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi.
• Proficiency in designing and developing risk communications and IEC material such as public information leaflets, brochures, posters, banners, radio/TV scripts etc.
• Direct experience of independently liaising with government health functionaries, district level administrators and other development partners.
• Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
• Microsoft Office computer skills, proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Proficiency in using design software such as Corel Draw, Adobe Product Suite, Canva or similar design tools
• Ability to travel up to 20 % of his/her time.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• Graduate degree in public relations, journalism, mass communications, digital marketing, public health communications
• 3-5 years of experience in health sector or social sector; working with Centre/State government is a plus
• Demonstrable experience and competency of working in the area of risk communications
• Experience using design tools and software
• Demonstrated experience of creating large-scale communication strategies; experience of working in public health communication is an advantage
• Excellent knowledge and understanding on the Indian public health eco-system and government healthcare programs
Jhpiego offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application at RISE.India@jhpiego.org with a covering note.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.