AKF (India) seeks a result driven, articulate, and enthusiastic Veterinary Officer (Goat Health and Management) to ensure technical training to community-based women animal health workers (pashu sakhis), including refresher training (reinforcement) in the designated district cluster, working closelywith JEEViKA staff at the district and block levels. In addition, the position will also support initiatives to build the capacity of JEEViKA staff on goat health and management, and under the guidance of the Coordinator (Project Mesha Outreach and Scale-up), will also design and deliver training of trainers on goat health and management for JEEViKA staff. The position will facilitate the scaling up of Project Mesha approaches through regular field visits, need based assessments and meetings in the designated district cluster. The position will be responsible for the Rohtas district cluster covering the districts of Kaimur, Rohtas, Bhojpur and Aurungabad, and will require extensive travel to each of these districts.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in Veterinary Science, Animal Husbandry is required.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience of working on smallholder livestock programmes
- Experience of working in close collaboration with government systems and mainstreaming best practice and approaches will be preferable
- Excellent documentation, communication and presentation skills in English and Hindi (both written and verbal)
- A collaborative mindset, problem solving skills and a sense of urgency for high quality delivery of a time-bound programme, is essential.
- Proficient with MS Office, especially in MS Excel and/or Database Management.
- Ability to multitask and work well with multiple stakeholders, internal and external
- Willingness to travel within and outside the district; this position will require extensive (70-80%) field travel within the designated district cluster.
Please apply by 24th September 2022 at the given link below https://forms.gle/GwGMfHqcA7nCc3wJ6
The Aga Khan Development Network is an international group of private, non-denominational development agencies and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, often in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities. Visit us at www.akdn.org
The Aga Khan Foundation is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and will strive to ensure that all job applicants, staff and volunteers, do not suffer negative discrimination on the basis of their religion, race, caste, color, nationality, social class, sex, place of birth, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, HIV status, age etc. or any combination of these.