For stimulating demand and improving compliance, the project will strive for:
- Creating awareness about the disease, fear about its consequences, prevalence and endemicity in the locality, possibility of prevention and the role of Mass Drug Administration (MDA)
- Popularizing the MDA dates among the community in the program locality;
- Generating expectation of the community about receipt of free drugs from the Government drug distributors (primarily, Front Line Workers as per the current national strategy), and making them aware about their right to get the benefit of this important and free preventive drug distribution from the Government; and,
- Building capacity of health workers, mainly Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA), to disseminate LF and MDA related information
Social Mobilization Coordinator-Specific Role
- Lead the social mobilization component in coordination with the District VBD officer
- Participate in the District Coordination Committee and Block Coordination Committee meeting (wherever possible)
- Facilitate session on Social Mobilization during district ToT
- Mapping of all available potential channels and platforms for social mobilization for LF.
- Develop block/urban area level social mobilization plan in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and establish linkages with key stakeholders and officials in select platforms and departments at the block level such as Block Program Manager (BPM) – SRLM, Education Officer at the block level, block PRI official, Block Community Mobiliser (BCM), existing CSOs/FBOs (Faith-Based Organizations), etc.
- Support block in organizing training of Drug administrators
- Facilitate session on interpersonal communication.
- Undertake concurrent monitoring during the MDA days.
- Collect Post MDA assessment data after the MDA
- Attend all the review and planning meetings at the district and blocks (wherever possible)
- Provide regular updates to the district VBD officer and Chief Medical Officer
- Any other task assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate in any discipline
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in public health, training, mobilization
- Good writing, computer, management and organizational skills
- Good communications skills
- Willingness to travel to the field and ability to work against tight timelines
All applicants to send their updated resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd September 2022 with the position name and preferred district on the subject line.
AIDENT is an equal opportunity provider. Due to heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.