Roles & Responsibility:
A. Overall Responsibility:
- To provide technical support and guidance to the state teams on the field of Sustainable Sanitation program
- To support the state program teams to ensure technical standards on Sanitation program through guidance and oversight
- To assist the Technical Specialist in overall Sanitation program, developing and strategizing policy advocacy initiatives on thematic area (Sanitation).
- To coordinate & collaborate with all other units within WaterAid and contribute towards programme excellence on WaterAid’s sanitation works.
- To provide support in developing technical standards, designs, technical notes, briefs, manuals etc.
B. Organisational Responsibility:
- To support Technical specialist in developing the planning process of the policy and technical support thematic area of sustainable sanitation.
- Represent WaterAid India, as required, in internal or external conferences, meetings, seminars etc and highlight WaterAid India’s sanitation priorities.
- Contribute towards organisation level reporting and reviewing.
- Coordinate in collaboration with technical team members in organising workshops, seminars, webinars and other sanitation related events.
- Support in proposal development, as and when required, and also contribute in program design with respect to Sanitation program.
- Provide Support to other thematic areas namely water, hygiene, WASH in institutions, innovation, etc under the policy and technical team vertical in specific activities and team initiatives, wherever it will be required.
- Design and implement training programmes appropriate to the programme requirements
C. Policy level Responsibilities:
- Support Technical Specialist Sanitation to take up Sanitation Policy review, in identifying the state specific policy priorities and framing policy note.
- plans and support their engagement with government at the district and state levels
- Support in developing the short, medium, long term action plans in prioritizing policies and guidelines on Sanitation program.
- Identify and undertake documentation of best practices that can act as evidence for policy around the thematic area, from within and outside WaterAid India’s interventions
D. Technical level Responsibility:
- Support Technical Specialist on technical feasibility studies, detailed technical and environmental impact and sustainability assessments of identified sanitation interventions.
- Develop capacity building plans related to Sanitation, grey water and solid waste management, Rural FSM etc
- Provide technical support and guidance on sanitation innovations and research initiatives.
- Support in training and handholding towards high standards of technical quality in Sanitation Program.
- Support programme and other teams in designing pilots, , and ensuring scale ups of tested pilots.
- Support in developing technical notes and standards on Sanitation technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, environmental engineering or other relevant discipline or a Master/ PhD degree in any discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related field
- Experience in taking up projects work on sanitation technology and providing sanitation related technical advice
- Experience of organising workshops/ seminars/ webinars
- Good track record of research and publication
WAI, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Women and the differently abled are encouraged to apply.