VCCM is a member of the UNDP project implementation team in the field in operationalizing eVIN & CoWIN in the district. VCCM shall work in close coordination and supervision of District Immunization Officer and report to UNDP Project Officer- Operations in their respective regions/divisions, the VCCMs shall be responsible for managing programme planning, implementation, capacity building, monitoring and reporting on all eVIN interventions and carry out any work or assignment given by the Project Officer.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(A) Programme Planning and Implementation:
(1) Planning and execution of all activities related to eVIN & CoWIN implementation in the designated district, in close coordination with district DIO/ RCHO;
(2) Support the work of Cold Chain Handlers (CCH) at District Vaccine Store (DVS) and cold chain points in improving timely stock entries and their online visibility, including temperature performance of cold chain equipment.
(3) Support DPM, Data operators & Block team in CoWIN based Covid Vaccination Process
(B) Technical Assistance:
(1) Support the District Immunization Officer (DIO) in all the activities pertaining to vaccine logistics and cold chain management in the district. This includes but is not limited to:
• Vaccine stock forecasting.
• Cold chain needs assessment , Indent generation
• Storage and distribution planning for vaccines, syringes and Cold Chain Equipment (CCE).
• Planning for preventive maintenance of CCE
• Any other work assigned by the DIO as and when required
(C) Capacity Building of Cold Chain Handlers:
(1) Conduct training sessions for CCH and plan for refresher trainings and training of newly recruited staff
(2) Supportive supervision of CCH in effective vaccine logistics and cold chain management including temperature recording and handling.
(3) Identify capacity-building needs on eVIN and undertake capacity-building activities district level for different levels of health professional and field-level functionaries, facilitate learning exchanges
(D) Vaccine Temperature Management:
(1) Temperature logger installation, this includes
(a) Verify master-data readiness before site installation
(b) Sign-off post logger installation
(c) Associate the temperature logger with CCE
(2) Cold Chain Equipment and Temperature logger monitoring on a regular basis
(3) Carry out ongoing maintenance of Assets, this includes:
(a) Updating the configuration of temperature logger
(b) Updating/maintaining the master-data in eVIN web application once logger is installed
(c) Registering a CCE or similar asset or a temperature loggers if they are not in eVIN systems
(E) Admin and HR:
(1) Develop Monthly workplan and Monthly activity report for submission to PO-Operations
(2) Prepare travel logs and vouchers
(3) Attendance report generation, salary and TA issuing and approval of leave.
(1) Project Officer at UNDP for all programmatic aspects of eVIN and other immunization activities
(2) District Immunization Officer – technical reporting for day-to-day work related to eVIN and UIP in general
(3) State HR and Admin Lead of Service Provider – for Salary and other admin issues once approved by SPO
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
• Bachelor of Technology/Engineering or
• Diploma in Computer Sciences or
• MPH or
• Masters in Social Science
(1) A minimum of 3 Years of professional work experience at the State level/District level on implementation project in the health sector
(2) 2-3 years proven experience in the public health system and programs at district level. Experience in vaccines supply chain and cold chain will be preferred
(3) Should have good knowledge of the health system of country and state
(4) Experience in managing information technology driven projects will be an asset
(5) Should have analytical, negotiating, communication skills.
(6) Experience of working in the State Government or other international development organization will be an asset.
(7) Good knowledge of written and spoken English is required.
(8) A good working knowledge of local language of the duty station will be needed
Skills & Abilities:
(1) Good knowledge of the health system in India and its states;
(2) Good analytical, negotiating, communication skills;
(3) Good knowledge of written and spoken English is required;
(4) Working knowledge of the local language of the duty station will be needed.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation offered for the position shall be Rs. 25,000/- per month, plus Rs. 5,000/- per month towards reimbursement of actual travel costs incurred within the district.
Please note that VCCMs shall be on the payroll of Quess.
6. DUTY STATION: District CMO/DIO/RCHO office
To apply kindly share your updated resume along with the Job Role and Job Location at email@example.com