Jhpiego is hiring for the position of Communications Officer based at New Delhi. The position will contribute to the communications of USAID-NISHTHA at Jhpiego India and reports to the Senior Documentation and Knowledge Management Officer
• Design and implement effective communication strategies to increase awareness about NISHTHA’s work among its target audiences.
• Work closely with project team to identify and develop success stories and other communications/marketing material.
• Develop new communication material – newsletter; brochure; e-newsletter, factsheets, infographics, IEC posters etc.
• Develop and design communication and community engagement materials including print, audio visual, digital and social media formats
• Support in documenting and designing success stories, coffee table books etc
• Support in building capacity of staff in story writing, reporting and photography
• Maintain and build on NISHTHA’s photobank regularly
• Undertake field visits to interact with various stakeholders for documentation and capture high quality photographs and video shots covering various aspects of the project’s work.
• Coordinate the scripting, shooting, production of audio-visual materials, as and when required.
• Ensure internal communications through ICO notes, Yammer (Internal Social media platform) and other methods
• Document and disseminate progress and achievements for dissemination with internal and external stakeholders.
• Support in ideating and increasing the visibility of NISHTHA through regular social media posts, twitter campaigns, other social media platforms ted talks and other new high visibility mediums
• Manage NISHTHA’s social media accounts and ensure regular content updation
• Support the Senior Documentation and Knowledge Management Officer with other tasks as needed.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and a good knowledge of Hindi.
• Strong editing skills and ability to tailor communication materials for different audiences.
• Strong organizational skills to establish and maintain communications knowledge bank.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate comfortably with varied audiences.
• Experience handling social media accounts and organizing campaigns and events
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks within deadlines.
• Willingness to learn and adapt new things.
• Willingness to travel intermittently.
• High level of integrity.
• An interest in Public Health.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• Post-graduation in Communications or Journalism.
• Atleast 5 years of relevant work experience in communications, preferably in the not-forprofit sector in India.
• Advanced knowledge of grammar, usage, and editorial style and guidelines.
• High proficiency in MS Office (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), especially working with styles and templates.
• Working knowledge and capabilities using design software and Adobe Creative Cloud programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Corel Draw and Illustrator) preferred.
• Working knowledge and capabilities using Canva and video editing software
• Possess strong aesthetic sensibility and understanding of the basic principles of graphic design.
• Previous experience in public health and USAID projects is desired
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment. Jhpiego provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application with a covering note clearly stating the position and location to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.