Key Responsibilities / Deliverables
- Identify and recruit volunteers for community mobiliziation
- Facilitate training participation and capacity building of the volunteers
- Support and handhold volunteers in planning and organizing awareness and TB screening in their respective area
- Supervise volunteers and ensure the quality of the screening
- Organize events to create awareness of early diagnosis and treatment of TB
- Support and navigate volunteers on community mobilization and screening of suspected TB cases.
- Continues capacity building and handholding of volunteers on TB screening filling formats, sample collection, and transport.
- Regular field visits and monitoring of volunteers, it includes- Presumptive TB sputum transportation from linked government health facilities and private health care providers of an assigned area. Reach and support in supervised contact tracing of the family of index TB household. Support in having proper diagnosis and enrolment of identified TB cases for treatment.
- Organize community mobilization activities and community meetings with the help of volunteers, health workers, and community gatekeepers
- Coordinate and support the district TB unit for TB case notification. Ensure the recording and reporting in the mainstreaming of the government reporting system.
- Presenting the progress in relevant district forums
- Any other responsibilities as may be deemed necessary for the role
- Travel required -Should be open to travel to program districts in states as and when required.
- Pathfinder is currently working remotely, however, under special situation staff are encouraged to attend the office in-person, following all Covid appropriate behavior.
Tools & Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies and skil
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- High level of integrity.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters and data.
- Fluent spoken and written skills in the local language and added knowledge of Hindi or English is desirable.
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, especially with the community.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Minimum bachelor’s in social work or Public Health Nursing with 3 years of experience in health-related programs. A Master's degree in any above fields would be an added value
- Experience in working on TB programs and Community mobilisation programs will be preferred, any certificate course on TB programs or health implementation programs will be given priority.
- Experience in working in collaboration with Front Line Health Workers and government stakeholders
- Knowledge of local language speaking and writing
- Ability to collect compile and report data in English will be required.
- Experience in working with Tribal populations and tribal promotors will be an asset
- Excellent communication and coordination skills especially with the community.
- Submit your resume and cover letter (along with 3 references of your ex-supervisors and last drawn salary) via email to HRINDIA@pathfinder.org with subject line “SUPERVISOR”.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Last date for application: September 27, 2022
Location: Kerala (Wayanad), Gujrat (Kutch) and Assam, any of the districts (Sonitpur, Golaghat, Shibsagar, Jorhat, Dibrugarh, Tinsukia)