Key Responsibilities / Deliverables
- Coordinate with district-level health officials and other stakeholders to obtain information on the TB prevalence
- Prepare planned journey cycle for X-ray and awareness van under the guidance of project manager
- Work with outreach supervisors and prepare monthly plans for X-ray targets in the project area
- Obtain informed consent and manage the database for informed consent from the project participants
- Interview patient and collect required data on the health condition in the specified format
- Operated and maintained handheld mobile X-ray equipment
- Responsible for obtaining x-ray images of patients via given radiographic imaging procedures under the guidance of a radiologist and project manager
- Upload the radiological imagery with the patient data for perusal and investigation by the radiologist to obtain radiological findings
- List the presumptive TB cases based on the radiological findings and manage the sputum collection and transportation of the presumptive cases
- Facilitate training participation and capacity building of the project team in the respective district
- Supervise the program implementation to ensure the quality of the screening
- Participate in events to create awareness of early diagnosis and treatment of TB
- Coordinate and support the district TB unit for TB case notification. Ensure the recording and reporting in the mainstreaming of the government reporting system.
- Presenting the progress in relevant district forums
- Any other responsibilities as may be deemed necessary for the role.
- Travel required -Should be open to travel to program districts in states as and when required.
- Pathfinder is currently working remotely, however, under special situation staff are encouraged to attend the office in-person, following all Covid appropriate behavior.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Laptop or desktop computer.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
Perform chest X-rays
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters and data.
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- High level of integrity.
- Fluent spoken and written skills in the local language and added knowledge of Hindi or English is desirable.
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, especially with the community.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Minimum diploma in X-ray technology or a graduate degree in Radiology. A Master's degree in any above fields would be an added value.
- Five years of work experience in a hospital setting
- Experience in working on TB and Community mobilization programs will be preferred, and any certificate course on TB programs or health implementation programs will be given priority.
- Experience in working with mobile health units, mobile X-ray types of equipment
- Experience in working in collaboration with Front Line Health Workers and government stakeholders
- Knowledge of local language speaking and writing
- Ability to collect, compile and report data in English language is required.
- Experience in working with Tribal populations and tribal promotors will be an asset
- Submit your resume and cover letter (along with 3 references of your ex-supervisors and last drawn salary) via email to HRINDIA@pathfinder.org with subject line ‘PROJECT COORDINATOR/X-RAY TECHNICIAN’.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Last date for application: September 27, 2022.
Location: Kerala (Wayanad), Gujrat (Kutch) and Assam, any of the districts (Sonitpur, Golaghat, Shibsagar, Jorhat, Dibrugarh, Tinsukia)