Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support in the planning process and operationalization of all components under PMABHIM.
• Provide technical assistance to state and district government stakeholders in financial resource mapping for PM-ABHIM in cognizance of NHM funding.
• Conduct landscaping exercises, field visits for gap assessments to the facilities identified for upgradation under each component under PM-ABHIM and identify annual targets for subsequent years for each component under the scheme.
• Support in the development and roll-out of relevant checklists and standardized operating procedures and updating the same on a regular basis in line with national guidance and state-specific customization.
• Follow-up with districts for rollout of PM-ABHIM related activities in the state.
• Regular assistance to allocated districts in the assessment of gaps in existing infrastructure, human resources, equipment and diagnostic capacities.
• Regular coordination with the stakeholders including state/district NHM officials, local rural/urban bodies officials, municipal corporations, and relevant partners for effective planning and implementation of both schemes.
• Capacity building of the government officials on the different components under the schemes.
• Facilitate regular meetings with key stakeholders, and partners and assist in inter-sectoral coordination for effective implementation.
• Monthly analysis and compilation of physical and financial reporting on state’s PMS portal.
• Need based travel to the districts as per the project requirements.
• Perform other activities, as assigned by the supervisor to achieve organizational goals.
• Technically proficient with up-to-date skills required for the assigned task.
• Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic documents.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Skilled in communicating face-to-face with different stakeholders, and through various platforms.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders at the national and state level.
• Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
• Proficiency in computers – MS Office.
• Ability to travel up to 40% of time.
• Ability to join early would be an added advantage.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience
• Graduation in Medicine, AYUSH, Dentistry or Nursing would be preferred. Post-graduate qualification in public health (MPH/DPH/Postgraduate diploma in health management) is essential.
• 2-3 years of professional experience in public health, including project management would be preferred
• Previous experience of working with state or district health departments would be highly desired.
• Technical knowledge and understanding of public health financing and project management
• Familiarity with the Indian health system, Ayushman Bharat program, and other relevant government policies/strategies
• Familiarity with data management, data analysis, and data visualizations along with good report writing skills in English
• Strong communication, and networking skills along with an ability to create productive working relationships with key stakeholders like government, other technical and development partners Jhpiego offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application at RISE.India@jhpiego.org with a covering note.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.
Location: Maharashtra, Gujarat, Assam, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan,
Punjab, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Kerala