Role and Responsibilities:
• Support in technical leadership and guidance for implementing the program activities related with health systems strengthening for monkeypox disease in assigned intervention states.
• Work closely with RISE national team and Senior Advisor – Lab Strengthening to create action plan for implementation of approved work plan
• Provide oversight to Monkeypox disease related activities within RISE program including work planning, work delegation, monitoring of activities and overall guidance to the implementation teams
• Coordinate with national, state as well as facility level stakeholders to implement and monitor the repurposing process of molecular laboratories and NGS labs for monkeypox or similar zoonotic diseases
• Design an operational model/framework to build health systems capacity to strengthen workforce capabilities through hub and spoke model for screening, diagnosis, management and risk-communication for monkeypox disease
• Building Cross sectoral partnerships with public and private sector organizations to scale up and amplify response capabilities.
• Lead and mentor a diverse program implementation team at intervention states for effective and efficient program implementation.
• Work closely with the state teams on setting program priorities and directions, and provide guidance in responding to requests from local counterparts.
• Work with Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team at national and state level to design indicators, establish systems for tracking progress, indicators, and deliverables according to agreed work-plans to ensure state and donor requirements are met.
• Assist in any other related activities, as assigned by the supervisor.
• Technically proficient with up-to-date skills required for the assigned task.
• Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic documents.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Skilled in communicating face-to-face with different stakeholders, and through various platforms.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders at the national and state level.
• Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
• Proficiency in computers – MS Office.
• Ability to travel up to 40% of time.
• Ability to join early would be an added advantage.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• MD Microbiology/MSc Microbiology/Applied Microbiology/Medical Microbiology/PhD Microbiology essential. Candidates with strong background and field experience in emergency/COVID-19 response preferred.
• 7-10 years of experience in public health sector.
• Demonstrable experience and competency of working with government and multiple stakeholders in managing diverse objectives – experience working in technical agencies with expertise in laboratory systems a plus
• Updated knowledge and competency on different diagnostic modalities for Monkeypox
• Excellent knowledge and understanding on how the laboratory system works at public health system at district level like different components of a district public health laboratory, various national public health programs etc
Jhpiego offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application at RISE.India@jhpiego.org with a covering note.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.