Title of the Consultancy: -Consultant – Child Budgeting & Local Governance
DUTY STATION: Bangalore – Karnataka State.
DURATION OF CONSULTANCY: 11.5 months.
CLOSING DATE: 29th September 2022
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE/ COMPETENCIES (CORE/TECHNICAL/FUNCTIONAL) / LANGUAGE SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
- Advanced university degree in economics, social sciences, public policy (social policy) or related fields. In-depth understanding and knowledge of devolution and decentralized planning will be an advantage including the Panchayati Raj Act.
- At least eight to ten years of relevant national experience in the development field, preferably in the social sectors in India with emphasis on decentralisation, community driven development, Participatory Rural appraisal is a must;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive, professional relationships with government counterparts, donors, civil society and other stakeholders;
- High capacity for organization and coordination, as well as an ability to work with a high degree of independence in a team environment;
- Experience working in a multi-donor environment;
- Experience in managing diverse and sometimes competing interests and perspectives to arrive at a durable consensus;
- Familiarity with national and state schemes for children will be a strong advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of local language is an asset.
- Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in cross cutting team and a wide variety of stakeholders within and outside the government is essential.
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to research, collect and collate public expenditure data and present it in a coherent manner is essential.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills are important.
- Data and information management with strong computer proficiency with regular MS Office and Public Financial Management System is mandatory.
- Preference for candidates who have previous experience working with a UN entity
SELECTION PROCESS (tick one and delete what is not applicable):
QCBS (Technical Evaluation Criteria - with weights for each criteria)
- Technical and Financial bid score ratio: 80:20.
- Technical Criteria:
- Educational Qualifications – 50%
- Experience of similar work – 25%
- Interview – 25%
The minimum score for technical compliance should be 80%. The candidate who score 64 marks will be qualified and their financial bid will be opened.
Technical proposal to be assessed based on above and the financial bid to be opened from qualifying technical candidates.
Payment will be made based on the deliverables as outlined in the sl.no.5 above and this will be paid on a monthly basis against submission of a monthly progress report.
A systematic annual performance review is being undertaken and accordingly forms will be filled with scores and comments. Accordingly, evaluation criteria and indicators have been aligned with the scope of work.
- Qualified female/male candidates are requested to please indicate their ability and availability to undertake the terms of reference above.
- Please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on/or before 29.09.2022 with subject line “Consultant – Child Budgeting & Local Governance” in separate files:
Your online application should contain the following separate attachments
- A Cover letter explaining the motivation for applying and also explaining how the qualifications and skill set of the candidate are suitable for this position (Not more than 1 page).
- Curriculum Vitae – detailing qualifications and capturing relevant assignments.
- Personal History form (P-11) can be downloaded from our website at http://unicef.in/P11form.doc
- A financial proposal in PDF format indicating Monthly based fee as per template attached. Please mention your name in the file name while saving. Please protect it with password we will send an official mail for the password only then please share the password.
Your application will not be considered if the application is not forwarded as per the process above.
Please submit your online application latest by 12 noon Indian Standard Time on or before 29.09.2022.
- Any attempt to unduly influence UNICEF’s selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
- Joint applications of two or more individuals are not accepted.
- Please note, UNICEF does not charge any fee during any stage of the process.
For any clarifications, please contact:
Supply & Procurement Section
317-A MLA Colony, Road No.12, Banjara Hills,