Jhpiego is hiring for the position of Research Officer based at Jaipur. The position is responsible for managing and supporting monitoring & evaluation of all programs and tracking, coordinating research studies and supporting publication initiatives in Jhpiego India Country office.
• Support the development of evaluation/research tools and research protocols with support of supervisor, concerned program staff/external evaluators.
• Support and track approval process of research protocols from local as well as Johns Hopkins School of Public Health (JHSPH) Institutional Review Board (IRB).
• Compile and maintain repositories of relevant research studies and literature as per Jhpiego thematic areas.
• Keep track of several research protocols and also maintain the regulatory binders for different research studies.
• To conduct/supervise data collection process of quantitative as well as qualitative studies and ensure quality of data.
• Periodically track research data from these studies and ensure that documents are appropriately prepared for periodic data audit.
• Support all staff in writing abstracts for conferences and meetings.
• Assist paper writing workshops and the publication initiative.
• Track various publications and support in timely submissions.
• Archiving the publications and abstracts submitted by various programs.
• Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Work with the program teams, facilities and government counterparts to implement, monitor and report on training activities including M&E frameworks and reports.
• Good analytical skills with knowledge in research ethics
• Ability to analyze Quantitative data using standard software like SPSS to use qualitative research software will be an added advantage
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Fluency in spoken and written Hindi and English required. Proficiency in writing and editing reports and documents.
• Ability to produce documents and reports of professional quality and coordinate activities independently.
• Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, stakeholders and other organizations.
• Ability to multi task and work in a multi-cultural team.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to travel as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelors in Science, preferably in health or health related fields. Master’s degree in epidemiology, statistics or public health with knowledge and skills in Epidemiology and Biostatistics is desirable.
• 5 to 7 years of professional experience in research and working with international health program/ organization.
• Understanding of Global Health and development approaches with willingness to learn.
• Publications in the national and international journal of repute is desirable
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering note.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.