- Contribute to the development of project implementation strategies and plan.
- Manage and coordinate activities of the project in the project districts.
- Review of Literature as relevant,
- Supervising project rollout, data collection and sanctity of data entry
- Facilitate implementation of field level strategies and processes in alignment with overall project objectives
- Oversee implementation of the project in the state.
- Manage the day-to-day implementation and operations of the programme.
- Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses; translate requirements into trainings that will groom individual for the next step of their work performance contributing to the project implementation and sustain the organization’s development strategy.
- Support in the development of project materials.
- Train and supervise district project teams on project implementation and monitoring.
- Coordinate with district teams to ensure implementation of the project as per the implementation plan.
- Represent PCC at different state level meetings and liaison with different maternal health officials of the state.
- Be the focal person for the project in the state and coordinate with all project partners and government officials in implementing the solution.
- Support in the preparation & submission of progress reports, Best Practices, success stories, Case Studies and any other report required by the senior project staff.
- Prepare work plan, budget forecast and management of budget allocation as per the project activities in the state.
- Recruit and manage project teams in alignment with projects’ objectives. Monitor and periodically assess the project performance and staff performance.
- Build and manage partnerships with different stakeholders/institutions/organizations in alignment with overall program objectives. Develop strategies for scale-up and manage roll-out in additional districts.
- Coordinate with external vendors and agencies including govt. and non-govt.
- Travel to and from the relevant study areas as required.
- Conduct community surveys as envisaged in the study design
- Ensure adequate inputs for the periodic reporting and progress update presentations including blogs, success stories, anecdotes, and photos.
Key Working Relationships
- Position reports to: Coalition Leadership Team on all project related matters, and to Project Director at PC Consulting administratively.
- Position directly supervises: district program staff of PC Consulting, coalition staff and other monitoring staff.
- Position coordinates partnerships and relationships with both public and private health sectors, and the other project stakeholders.
- Post Graduate degree in Public Health /Social Work/Development/Development studies/Rural Development/Rural Management/Women Studies, or Other Social Sciences discipline or Management.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working in implementation of maternal and child health programs.
- Familiarity with health program in the state and has in-depth understanding of the state health system and challenges.
- Demonstrable experience handling organizational assignments.
- Should have managed a team of at least 5 members.
- Ability to communicate insights and knowledge across various teams and stakeholders.
- Should be interested to work with the rural poor to create a more inclusive society.
- S/he should be familiar with health program in the state and has in-depth understanding of the state health system and challenges.
- S/he will be the focal person for the state in implementing the solution.
- Honest, fair and objective in work.
- A Self-starter and a target-oriented person.
- Willing to travel extensively in the field as needed.
- Have the ability to prepare progress reports, capture best practices, success stories, case studies and any other report required by the project.
- Should have managed a team of at least 10 members.
- Have proficiency in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Cross-cultural communications, including English proficiency and ability to work in a bilingual environment (English and Assam native language).
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English.
- Be a team player and comfortable in working with external consultants, contractors, vendors, etc.
Fluency in English, Assamese, and local language – spoken, read and write for all official communication is essential.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter justifying how you are fit for the position along with your resume (should not exceed 3 pages) by 03 October, 2022 to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should indicate the job title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to appear for interview/s (virtual/telephonic/inperson).