Roles & Responsibilities:
Senior Consultant, Blood Cell will be supporting the Blood Cell under NHM in MoHFW for the following tasks: -
• To assist the States/UTs by monitoring their PIP proposals and RoP approvals to achieve self-sufficiency in safe blood and blood products based (including access to safe and quality blood in remote areas of the country) on Voluntary Non-Remunerated Donors (VNRD), aligned to the state and national health systems.
• To implement approved policy guidelines of Blood Services and disorders such as Haemoglobinopathies, Hemophilia, etc (for which, support is provided to the States/UTs under NHM) duly coordinating with the States/UTs
• To give technical inputs to the NHM / MoHFW towards developing effective and sustainable National Blood and plasma programmes and provide necessary assistance to the States through NHM for their developing state specific policie.
• To implement guidelines for prevention and control of and legislation and developing effective and sustainable Haemoglobinopathies programmes.
• To assist the States/UTs by monitoring implementation of the National Blood Services, getting PIP proposals from States/UTs for establishing blood banks in the districts as per norms, including Blood storages in FRUs and ensuring the linkages between Blood banks and Blood Storage Centres.
• To coordinate with the agencies dealing with regulatory issues pertaining to Blood Services, Blood disorders and Stem Cell, whenever necessary.
• To assist the States for preparation of their action plans and calendars in their PIP for Blood services and blood disorders.
• To assist the States/UTs in getting their PIP proposals towards conduct of awareness programmes and workshop on blood donation / blood and blood products/ rationale use of blood and for prevention and management of Haemoglobinopathies.
• To enable to create a mechanism including IT solution such as e-Raktkosh, etc to monitor the progress of the States in their implementation of blood Services and Blood Disorders.
• To assist the States by getting PIP proposals towards creating Network of Blood Bank for easy availability of Blood and Blood Products
Outline of the tasks to be carried out:
i. All works related to above Roles & Responsibilities.
ii. Any other work assigned by AS & MD (NHM)/ Joint Secretary (Policy)/Director-NHM from time to time.
MBBS with MD (Pathology / Biochemistry / Microbiology) with minimum 01 year experience in Transfusion Medicine
MBBS with MD (Transfusion Medicine) / DNB (Transfusion Medicine) with minimum 01 year experience
MBBS with 5 Year’s experience in Transfusion Medicine / Blood Banking
Age: Upper limit 55 years as on last date of receiving application.
Remuneration Range: Between Rs. 90,000/- to 1,50,000/- per month.
Controlling Officer: Director (NHM), in-charge of Blood Cell, NHM.
Leave: As applicable to NPMU consultants.
TA/DA entitlement on tour: TA/DA as applicable to NPMU consultants
i. Sr. Consultant shall at all times maintain a fully professional approach in all dealing and behavior with MoHFW and behave in a courteous manner and not indulge in any form of unethical and immoral practice.
ii. Sr. Consultant shall not engage in any activity that is incompatible and as applicable to similar consultants engaged in the ministry.
iii. Sr. Consultant also ensures that she will not indulge in any activity which is considered undesirable or detrimental to the interest of MoHFW. If she is found to have indulged in such activity, her services will be terminated with MoHFW with immediate effect.
iv. Sr. Consultant also undertake that during the period of engagement, he/she will not absent or discontinue provision of service without obtaining specific written approval from the reporting officer in MoHFW.
v. During the term of engagement, Sr. Consultant shall not engage in any personal, business or professional activity without obtaining approval of the Competent authority of MoHFW.
How to apply: Candidates are requested to fill the online application correctly which is available on the NHSRC website (http://nhsrcindia.org). Applications will be accepted in the prescribed online application format only. The last date for receiving applications is 04-Oct-2022.