Under Project Saksham, Jhpiego is hiring for the position of Consultant MNCH in Chhattisgarh. These positions will be responsible for providing technical, functional, and operational support in intervention states towards high-quality MNCH services. S/he will work closely with the government officials, consortium partners and other stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of Project Saksham. The position will report to State Program Officer.
• Provide technical inputs and implement all activities under the assigned programs to achieve desired objectives.
• Coordinate and collaborate with government officials, stakeholders, facility in charges, district officials and other consortium partners to develop, implement, monitor and report on Saksham program activities including work plans, activities, M&E (Monitoring & Evaluation) framework and reports.
• Organize facility assessments, clinical trainings, onsite / online skill building sessions and ensure standardized performance improvement processes across the state/region.
• Work with the district and facility level teams to ensure essential supplies for high-quality service delivery in the target facilities.
• Meet with program partners, implementation site owners and nodal trainers for smooth program management and respond in a timely manner for meetings, reports, and other requests.
• Engage with private sector to conduct trainings, onsite / online skill building sessions and ensure standard practices to improve care around birth in private maternity homes.
• Organize and conduct clinical training, workshops, and on-site mentorship activities. This would also include planning training schedules, identifying trainers, monitoring training and post- training follow-up.
• Built local capacities within intervention sites ad districts for sustainable mechanisms to ensure high quality capacity building activities.
• Facilitate program activities including workshop planning, travel arrangements and other activity support to ensure smooth implementation.
• Work with the supervisor to design work plan budgets, develop activity budgets, manage local budgets, review expenditure, submit timely expenditure reports and ensure efficient use of available resources.
• Travel to the project sites in support of activity implementation and monitoring as needed.
• Perform or assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor to achieve objectives of the project.
• Experience and demonstrated ability in working with government’s Maternal Health and Child Health programs, counterparts, and systems.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English, Hindi, and local language.
• Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, stakeholders and other organizations including government counterparts.
• Ability to work within a consortium and communicate regularly with a variety of team members in multiple locations.
• Technically proficient with skills required for the assigned task.
• Proficiency in writing technical documents such as training materials and reports.
• Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, stakeholders, and other organizations.
• Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to multitask and work in a multi-cultural team.
• Willingness and flexibility to work on a wide range of tasks.
• Microsoft Office computer skills, proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to travel extensively up to 50–60% of his/her time.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• MBBS/AYUSH/Nursing with Indian / State /Nursing Council registration is required.? MD / Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Public Health, Pediatrics or Obstetrics is desirable.
• 2-3 years of experience of working with public health programs, especially in Maternal and Child Health and managing program implementation, is desirable. Specific experience in large programs related to quality of care/ childbirth care/ maternal & newborn health / digital health will be preferred.
• Experience of working with the National Health Mission at the project or State level is desirable.
• Experience of conducting training, managing programs, and providing clinical support to public health workers.
• Good knowledge of the health sector and maternal and child health programs is essential
• Technical knowledge and field experience in health programs in maternal and newborn health.
• Familiarity with the Indian health system, key stakeholders, and relevant government policies/strategies particularly National Rural Health Mission would be advantageous.
Jhpiego offers a highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application with a covering note clearly stating the position and location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Surguja, Chhattisgarh