Duties and Responsibilities :
• Assist in preparing the planning, budgeting, and management of project activities.
• Support in preparing Utilization certificate and supporting documentation with adequate due diligence for donors for periodic submissions and support in liaising with donors on a regular basis for exchange of information and documents.
• Support in reviewing and tracking UCs and financials submitted by the implementation partners and fund disbursement tracking
• Support the Project Officer (Operations) in preparing Annual Work Plans (with Budgets); Also, assist in monitoring financial delivery vis-à-vis AWP and provide quarterly updates on financial progress of the project in consultation with the project team.
• Support to organize and coordinate the procurement of services and goods under the project.
• Maintenance of the internal expenditures control and monitoring system with support from Project Officer (Operations) to ensure that requisitions are supported by proper approvals and payments are processed upon receipt of final invoices and deliverables.
• Assist in the supervision on the accounts receivables for UNDP projects and recording of deposits in UNDP’s Financial Accounting System and reporting financial progress as per the Annual Work Plan.
• Preparation of payment vouchers for the project, settling of travel claims with relevant supporting documents as applicable for this position, check their accuracy and processing in UNDP financial system as applicable, creation of requisitions in the system, making budget checks and receipting in the system;
• Undertake visits to the project locations periodically to support in reviewing the implementing partners’ accounting systems and processes and provide careful support and guidance.
• Carry out any other work assigned by the Project Officer (Operations) (PWM Project) related to the project.
Min. academic education :
Bachelor’s Degree is essential.
Min. years of relevant work experience :
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Finance and administration is required
• Experience of working in the Government or international development organization will be an asset
Required skills and competencies :
• Experience in supporting information technology driven projects
• Should have computer knowledge in MS Office and other applications
• Knowledge of UN systems (ATLAS, etc) will be an asset.
• Experience in the procurement of goods & services is desirable.
Desired additional skills and competencies :
• Knowledge of Financial Packages and ERPs.
To Apply kindly share your updated resume along with the Title/Subject as "Operations Associate - Plastic Waste Management Project" on firstname.lastname@example.org