This is a year-long intervention with an estimate of covering 23 estates, consisting of an average of 700 workers per estate. These estates will be in the districts of Darjeeling, West Bengal.
In order to build stakes and increase awareness for the prevention of Gender-Based Violence, the programme through meetings, trainings and workshops, seeks to:
- Build stakes with Local Ecosystems at the District Level and Tea Estate Management, (Managers and Staff)
- Train the change agents (Women Leaders, Tea Estate Managers/Staff, Adolescent Groups) on issues of women safety and Gender-Based Violence
- Carry out sustained engagement within the community through social arts based interventions. These include focussed sessions with the tea estate workers, (women and men), as well as the community (families living on the tea estate) using theatre based pedagogy and immersive learning design.
Note: A detailed programme activity plan is ready and will be shared with the finalized candidates.
The Project Supervisor will be responsible for the overall implementation of the program initiatives for gender sensitization in the tea estates. They shall be responsible for stakebuilding with external ecosystem, senior management on the tea-estates, assessing and evaluating the data collected for Monitoring and Evaluation of the programme.
The incumbent will work closely with the Project Manager and designated Tea-estate teams to deliver the following outputs:
- Integrating gender concerns across management and tea-estate workers;
- Coordinating with various stakeholders to seek support for the programme.
- Co-ordinating and assisting the team as and when required.
- Prepare regular report /MIS on the activities performed
Activities and Tasks
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Responsible for ensuring a seamless on-ground implementation of the project within the timeline, output, and ?nancial parameters as per the MNE framework.
- Supervise the trainers and the ?eld facilitators.
- Responsible for delivering the Trainings/Workshops with the Management of the Tea Estate.
- Support / lead the meetings with the Management of the Tea Estate.
- Liaise with district and block administration and other line departments, local government and NGOs, to enhance their participation and collaboration.
- Provide additional support for training programmes and capacity building.
- Responsible to harness the data for the indicators identi?ed for the outcome of the project.
- Assess and evaluate the data collected.